!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Well, there's no turning back now!  (Read 266 times)

Offline scottmitchell74

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
Well, there's no turning back now!
« on: June 17, 2017, 09:25:39 pm »
I had my precious Union Mills installed with a Zima decoder. I'm in all the way now. I have WAY too much money sunk into this one loco, and I bought an NCE  Power Cab. It's on! Dear God help me, it's on.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Online austinbob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
Re: Well, there's no turning back now!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 09:51:14 pm »
Looks good - maybe a bit of wheel and connecting rod blackening would clinch it.
 :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Offline Ian Bowden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26504
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 11:34:54 pm »
I had my precious Union Mills installed with a Zima decoder. I'm in all the way now. I have WAY too much money sunk into this one loco, and I bought an NCE  Power Cab. It's on! Dear God help me, it's on.

there is no turning back you are on the slippery slope. Soon it will need a partner and then another, finally to completely destroy your bank balance you will send them all away to be fitted with sound.

I switched to DCC and never looked back so much better. The next thing is setting points from your controller and adjusting the CV's to get realistic start and stop control

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 08:53:59 am »
Resistance was futile and you have been assimilated.
'Tis the devil's work and a black art. As such, I have reported you to the Witchfinder General.
May the Lord have mercy on your soulwallet.

;D

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 12:01:46 am »
Has Micks post says you will probably need help and this is the best place to get it. Regarding your Powercab, has a nce powercab user myself, do not hesitate to ask if you need to know anything. I have upgraded mine but have learnt a lot over the last few years since I bought it. Have fun, it is pretty easy and straight forward to use, and there are a few short cuts you can use, most are in the manual if you take the time to read it, and then read it again.
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Online Yet_Another

• N Gauge Society Number: 25847
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 12:19:20 am »
... most are in the manual if you take the time to read it, and then read it again.
And make notes  ;)

There's some good stuff that's worth remembering, except I don't use it enough to get all the useful stuff off by heart.
Tony

'Things are not done by those who count the cost of every thought or deed.'

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £87.00
Above Goal: £32.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
June Donations

Advertise Here