!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Potted history of Canadian railways from Gaugemaster  (Read 160 times)

Offline Railwaygun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21889
  • Keen on Military Rail, Kato Unitrack, & Z21/DCC
    • Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military Railway group
    • Awards
This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!
https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Online Webbo

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Potted history of Canadian railways from Gaugemaster
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 07:14:37 am »
Thank you for the link. I didn't know about this book.

As an operator of a Canadian Pacific model railway, I'm perfectly happy to be posted under American. In this instance, I take American to mean North American as the locomotives, rolling stock, model manufacturers, issues, and layout styles are almost (but not quite) identical between the US and Canada. Atlas and Kato put Canadian paint jobs on what are US body styles which doesn't please me particularly as there are noticeable differences principally locations of headlights & bells and step design. Intermountain, Fox Valley Models, and Rapido get these things right.

Webbo   

Offline Byegad

• Account Suspended
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 03:03:38 pm »
Thank you for the link. I didn't know about this book.

As an operator of a Canadian Pacific model railway, I'm perfectly happy to be posted under American. In this instance, I take American to mean North American as the locomotives, rolling stock, model manufacturers, issues, and layout styles are almost (but not quite) identical between the US and Canada. Atlas and Kato put Canadian paint jobs on what are US body styles which doesn't please me particularly as there are noticeable differences principally locations of headlights & bells and step design. Intermountain, Fox Valley Models, and Rapido get these things right.

Webbo

Sounds about right with regard to the guys in the attic from US sources.

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 02:39:41 pm »
As a Canadian, as long as my distinctiveness is given a nod and an acknowledgement that our beer and coffee is so much better :) :), I'm good with being under American too, there is so much interchangeability between the two countries.. not to mention that CP and CN both have HUGE operations south of the border it would be a bit difficult to separate them.

Many US shortlines use ex CN and CP equipment and to a lesser degree vice-versa (there are just fewer Canadian shortlines, and some of those are owned by US based companies.  I'm not sure if its still in operation, but the last owner of the Cape Breton and Central Nova Scotia was Genesee and Wyoming .. so as you can see they're too intertwined.

Thanks for the link though 

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
August Donations
Military Vehicle 3D prints

Price: 6.50
Date: 01/08/2017 01:11 pm