Peco Jubilee £68; new Farish Jubilee £89 -- some mistake surely?

Started by NeMo, June 14, 2017, 05:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntpntpntp

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Bingley Hall

I'm have no inside knowledge, but looking through the Hattons pre-owned pages quite a bit in the last few weeks I get the feeling that more than one person is pricing the items as there are a few inconsistencies in the pricing. I'm not complaining because it means there are some good bargains to be had from time to time.

NeMo

Quote from: Bingley Hall on June 19, 2017, 07:01:55 AM
I'm have no inside knowledge, but looking through the Hattons pre-owned pages quite a bit in the last few weeks I get the feeling that more than one person is pricing the items as there are a few inconsistencies in the pricing. I'm not complaining because it means there are some good bargains to be had from time to time.

Yes, I've noticed that too. Been wondering if it's a scheme of sorts -- charge a cheap price for one item, but to get a rake, you'll need to buy two or three identical items costing a bit more. So there'll be one BR blue Dapol fish van for £6, two more at £7, and a fourth at £7.50 -- that sort of thing.

Cheers, NeMO
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations