Shortest radius for Dapol wagon

Started by Greenbridge, June 04, 2017, 06:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenbridge

:hellosign:
What's the tighest radius curves I can use for Dapol 2F-071-003 7 plank wagons (183, 216 or 228mm) ?
:thankyousign:
And now, it's up to you. Please don't be too cruel...

austinbob

I would imagine it would be happy on your smallest radius.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

dannyboy

Like Bob, I do not think a 4 wheeled wagon would have any problem whatever the track radius.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

They are fine on the tightest of curves.

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

dodger

I run Farish 4 wheel wagons around 183 mm curves. The only Dapol wagons I have are the CCT and BY and both run around the same curve as long as the overhang on the next vehicle is not too great.

You wont have any problems.

Dodger

njee20

The only wagons that are likely to object to any tight curves are long wheelbase 4-wheeled wagons like VGAs.

Greenbridge

:thankyousign: Do you have any problem with the couplers ?

austinbob

Quite often the couplers won't couple on a curve but are fine on the straight. I have had the odd wagon/coach uncouple from time to time, usually on a curve. I think this is most likely due to poor alignment of the couplings or 'droopy' couplings which can usually be tweaked a bit.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

dodger

Short wagons are generally OK, but my Dapol BY can only be coupled to the bunker end of a terrier as the overhang to greater at the chimney end and caused the loco to derail when going from a curve to straight.

Dodger

Greenbridge

:thankyousign: All your answers are very helpful.

Les1952

They look exceptionally silly doing so, but they can be propelled (by a Farish 03 or 04) round Tomix Radius 1 tramway track, which is about 4 inches.  I say propelled as that implies pushing the rake - they can also be pulled in the normal way without derailing, and will take a tramway loop with a point of Tomix R2 and a reverse curve.

Les

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations