Dapol Website

Started by mokjumbo, June 01, 2017, 09:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

Quote from: mokjumbo on June 01, 2017, 10:24:05 AM
Thanks for trying anyway.

one of those (not so young) young computer experts here.

Your computer is holding a corrupt or historic address.  Websites change their internal structure regularly and certainly Dapol has updated theirs lately.  It therefore sounds like a corrupt or out of date cache in your browser.

You need to delete your browser history, not cookies or anything else, as the browser to save effort uses stored last or old searches or web access to provide an address.

MJKERR

Quote from: austinbob on June 01, 2017, 10:33:53 AM
I'm using BT - Google search comes up
mokjumbo is using BT?
Apologies, I was using a more refined search

austinbob

Quote from: Snowwolflair on June 01, 2017, 10:35:40 AM
Quote from: mokjumbo on June 01, 2017, 10:24:05 AM
Thanks for trying anyway.

one of those (not so young) young computer experts here.

Your computer is holding a corrupt or historic address.  Websites change their internal structure regularly and certainly Dapol has updated theirs lately.  It therefore sounds like a corrupt or out of date cache in your browser.

You need to delete your browser history, not cookies or anything else, as the browser to save effort uses stored last or old searches or web access to provide an address.

I wish I was clever like you is....  :'( :no:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

MJKERR

The issue can also be due to BT caching low demand files / pages
I have a similar issue with Virgin Media, have to phone them every few months to delete THEIR cache!

Snowwolflair

Quote from: MJKERR on June 01, 2017, 10:40:02 AM
The issue can also be due to BT caching low demand files / pages
I have a similar issue with Virgin Media, have to phone them every few months to delete THEIR cache!

ISP caches can give the same problem, however I don't think Dapol is high enough up the demand curve to be treated this way....  Unless there are tens of millions of closest N Gauge modelers.  :D

Try using a different browser if it blocks as well its the ISP if it works its the browser cash.

mokjumbo

How to delete browser cache please?thanks.

austinbob

Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Snowwolflair

I don't know/use Firefox, however there will be tab or table where you can see the browsing history.  Somewhere near there there will be a button offering to delete browser History.

NB I stick to IE and Chrome as they are the best supported for anti malware, but none are perfect.

mokjumbo

Thanks to all,especially austinbob.That worked.I`d never have figured that out in a million years.Thanks again,problem solved.

austinbob

Quote from: mokjumbo on June 01, 2017, 10:55:24 AM
Thanks to all,especially austinbob.That worked.I`d never have figured that out in a million years.Thanks again,problem solved.
:claphappy:

Bob Austin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations