!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: TEE trains and their reproduction in N scale  (Read 916 times)

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: TEE trains and their reproduction in N scale
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2017, 12:24:28 am »

SNCF
CC-6500 - BB-7200 - BB-9200 - BB-9300 - BB-15000 - BB-16000
BB-20200 - BB-21000 - BB-22200 - BB-25200 - BB-25500 - BB-26000/30000 - CC-40100
BB-66400 - BB-67000 - BB-67400 - CC-72000

Just to clarify that the mention of BB26000 does not mean the present day BB26000 'Sybic' locos.

The early 26000 was a prototype modification of a dc only BB9400, and was lattrely classified BB30000.

Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Offline Hiawatha

• Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2017, 06:29:47 pm »
I am sceptical about some of the locos cited in the list. Some look unlikely to me, particularly in regular booked service. Hiawatha, I Haven't got the book so would be interested in what the authors claim for some of the locos. If at all some locos in the list would have hauled TEEs for short distances across border zones - maybe that's it?

For example, I can't think why a small mixed traffic diesel like the SNCF 66000 would have been booked to haul a TEE unless it was for example the short  Tourcoing - Lille leg of some TEEs. 

Equally in Switzerland I don't recall Ae6/6 or Re6/6 used on TEE on a day to day basis, so my guess is that these might have worked the Rheingold round the Basel Bad Bf - Basel SBB link, or perhaps on the Lemano in the case of Re6/6?

I had to look up the BB-66400 which I didn't know, and this really doesn't look like a TEE locomotive. This was used on the TEEs Faidherbe, Gayant and Watteau on the last 20 km or so from Lille - Roubaix - Tourcoing in 1978-80 before electrification.

Re 6/6 were used on the TEEs Roland (1972-79) and Cisalpin (1980-84) for longer trains (shorter trains with Re 4/4 II-IV).

Ae 6/6 were only used on the Roland in April 1975 when the Gotthard line was blocked by avalanches and all traffic was diverted over the Lötschberg line. Ae 6/6 were then used all the way from Basel to Domodossola.

I have always been more interested in the TEE trainsets than the loco-hauled trains but have now taken a closer look at the Renfe locos, following the Talgo discussion. The Startrain Renfe 7600/276 was made in a few versions suitable for the Talgo TEE. Additionally to the Startrain 60120 (276.030-4) mentioned by weave, I have also found 60118 (276.062-7) and 60137 (earlier number 7666, without blue ends) on a Japanese blog from "SpurN Modellbahner Japan" with a few nice photos:

https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/nicky2526/43099012.html
https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/nicky2526/42807033.html

(And if you haven't had enough of the Minitrix RAm Horror Picture Show there is also a blog entry about that:
https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/nicky2526/47929789.html:o

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2017, 12:37:17 am »

I am sceptical about some of the locos cited in the list.  If at all some locos in the list would have hauled TEEs for short distances across border
For example, I can't think why a small mixed traffic diesel like the SNCF 66000 would have been booked to haul a TEE unless it was for example the short  Tourcoing - Lille leg of some TEEs. 

I had to look up the BB-66400 which I didn't know, and this really doesn't look like a TEE locomotive. This was used on the TEEs Faidherbe, Gayant and Watteau on the last 20 km or so from Lille - Roubaix - Tourcoing in 1978-80 before electrification.

So you can see why I was sceptical about this one...
However I knew I would be correct about where they were used, as I am familiar with the territory. In fact the line is only 12km long.

I actually rode the Tourcoing - Lille line 3 weeks ago as I stayed in Tourcoing as a cheaper hotel location than central Lille for the big Trainsmania model railway show (at which there were of course ironically lots of TEE models on show and for sale!)

By the way the latter day Paris - Tourcoing trains were only made into TEEs to placate angry business clientele who lost their full dining option when the rest of the Lille services were 'modernised' to only include a snack or bar facility in Corail stock.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 12:41:01 am by Gordon »
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Offline marco neri

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2017, 10:30:56 pm »
Hi,
A  little parade of TEE trains .....

https://youtu.be/Sh7npvXm-Os

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: 26722
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2017, 07:25:10 am »
Following a link from another thread took me at length to an interesting Swiss  website, in German, that I hope is of interest to all TEE fans here:

http://www.tee-classics.ch/

Here is a Google translation of the websites 'Vision' from its About page, that is self explanatory:

TEE-CLASSICS is Europe's first address and institution for the preservation of the TEE cultural heritage.

goals

We use the common knowledge and resources to save valuable vehicles from disappearing and, if possible, put them into operation again.
We are committed to the best possible cooperation with our partners and maintain partnership with all parties involved in the historical rail market.
We inform our members, the public and the media openly and at an early stage. We want to create a healthy climate of trust so that our work is recognized.
We document the former network of first-class railway connections for the consolidation of European economic centers.
We strive for the best possible use of available resources and the best use of resources.
tasks

The club TEE-CLASSICS

Maintains and operates historical rolling stock from the TEE era and actively or passively supports other organizations with similar interests.
Organizes historical rail travel with own or foreign rolling stock.
Is present at appropriate fairs, exhibitions and special events and promotes cooperation with partners.
Maintains an archive with image sound and text documents that are directly or indirectly related to the TEE theme.
Operates the TEE shop with books, documentation, picture and sound carriers as well as interesting TEE accessories.
TEE-CLASSICS is a non-profit organization based on the association and thus dependent on the financial contributions of the members as well as the support of partners. Do you also like the TEE era or would you like to support TEE-CLASSICS projects? Here you will find out how to become a member of TEE-CLASSICS as well as the advantages that await you. We look forward to you!

Or would you like to participate actively? Our volunteers are grateful for their support.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £87.00
Above Goal: £32.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
June Donations

Advertise Here