!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Port Perran/Trepol Bay  (Read 5176 times)

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • Awards
Re: Port Perran/Trepol Bay
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2017, 11:13:06 am »
With multiple script writers writing different episodes, it's a getting a bit like the Archers!
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2017, 11:20:08 am »
With multiple script writers writing different episodes, it's a getting a bit like the Archers!

Martin and I have practised this difficult art, before, Laurence, without 'stepping on each other's toes'! Martin is the lead writer on this one; I just try to add details without taking the main plot line 'off track'! 8-) All great fun.

Offline Innovationgame

• N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2017, 11:27:12 am »
The quality of story line is certainly much better than the Archers, anyway.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline port perran

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2017, 01:51:20 pm »
Giles and Jeremy settle down in their seats inviting Alan and Larry to join them.
"Minimum Bet " 20.00 mutters Alan.
"As is your wish boys, although I'm happy to go 50" replies Giles perfectly happy to lead his opponents along by losing the first hand.
" Lets play 8 hands" says Giles. "Quadruple odds on the last leg I presume?".
Alan Poldory is perfectly happy to go along with the idea.
The game attracts a degree of interest amongst the other passengers including Sgt Triggs and the Trevallions.
"I'll deal" says Larry producing his marked pack. Giles, realising immediately what is happening goes along with the suggestion and as expected the Poldorys win pocketing a tidy 40 from their opponents.
"I can see that you are indeed exceptional players" says Giles. " You certainly know how to play".
This reassures Alan who sets about dealing again.
" Not so quick" Giles butts in , "Just to be sure, I suggest a neutral pack of cards for the remaining 7 hands, I'm sure you won't object being such experienced players"
With so many people watching the Poldorys have no choice as Sgt Triggs produces a pristine set of playing cards.
"If you've no objection, I suggest 25.00 stakes in this game" suggests Giles.
Alan Poldory, somewhat uncertainly, deals for the second game..........
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2017, 02:18:38 pm »
Knowing Giles to be a highly skilled player, Jeremy is content to follow his friend's lead and react accordingly. A second glass of what looks like G&T is set down, by the Chief Steward, for Jeremy on a white linen napkin next to a temptingly plump leather monogrammed wallet, whilst a pair of real G&Ts appear in matching GWR logo glasses for the Poldorys. "No, no, I insist," explains Giles, ever the gracious urbane host, "you two gentlemen are our guests", when the surprised Poldorys try to wave the tempting tall glasses away.

The Chief Steward hovers in the background, well-aware that this will be a memorable game. There is quite a group of interested spectators, not least the off-duty, but ever attentive, Sergeant Triggs, gathered near the players' table. The train speeds on through the sunlit countryside.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:44:17 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2017, 04:47:24 pm »
Giles and Jeremy are well aware that they are taking a gamble but Jeremy is reassured by Giles' excellent reputation as a renowned card player.
The Trevallions have been talking to aggrieved card players as they made their way along the train many of whom believe (quite rightly) that they have been tricked by the Poldory brothers.
Despite their somewhat maligned reputation the Trevallions are keen to ensure that Alan and Larry get their just rewards and have primed Sgt Triggs accordingly.
Giles assesses his opponents very carefully - he has met their sort before, and looks at his first two cards with an inner satisfaction but gives absolutely nothing away. He is aware of the slight sweat appearing on Alan Poldory's brow.............
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2017, 06:02:39 pm »
Gripping stuff..... excellent storyline choreography :)

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2017, 07:21:36 pm »
Giles looks again at his two cards, 6 of spades and 5 of diamonds.
An excellent chance of a picture or 10 next ...couldn't be better.........
My Layouts -

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2017, 07:55:05 pm »
Giles is relying on his friend, Jeremy, to look nervous and, indeed he is; a lot of money is, literally, at stake for someone on a Royal Naval Captain's (Lieutenant-Commander's) salary.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:18:07 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2017, 08:47:58 pm »
Go on Giles, do it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15o5R7_pkUo

Sorry for interrupting  :no:

Great stuff,

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2017, 12:42:05 pm »
 :laughabovepost:
Excellent link
My Layouts -

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2017, 12:53:08 pm »
Alan Poldory sitting with a queen and a five had no option but to twist.
The result ...... another 6. Bust.
Jeremy, looking extremely nervous with so much resting on him has two cards for 12 and also twists with an 8.
Larry, stiiting with two Kings is quietly confident so sticks-unable to read Gile' face.
Giles, of course, sitting on 11 twists with a Jack of Hearts turning up to win the booty.
The same story continues to the eighth game. Giles letting Larry and Alan win a couple of games on the way.
For the final game, a confident and astute Giles raises the odds to 50 per player. Alan and Larry, of course, by now down to just a few pounds each cannot match the bet but bluff there way through.
Panicking and somewhat befuddled by the GandTs Alan is flusterd whilst the ever alert Giles keeps a stoney face.
Dealt a 7 and a 3 , Giles twists for a 3 ( not an ideal card). Giving nothing away he is dealt another 6 and decided to stick on 19. Jeremy, rather less assured than Giles sticks on 18.
Larry , panicking so much that he is shaking twists on 15 and is dealt a 7. Bust.
Alan  Poldory sitting on 18 cannot decide what Giles is holding so with baited breath twists in the vain hope of a 3 turning up.
At that moment, the train, nearing Gloucester descends into a tunnel and darkness..........
My Layouts -

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2017, 01:54:23 pm »
That would be Wickwar tunnel (1,401 yards; 1,281 m. long), just after Yate station. The Chief Steward immediately wonders whether there a secret accomplice nearby who knows how (and when) to turn off the RFOs's lights from the carriage's vestibule? [In a BR Mk1 Open a through control switch was fitted in the corridor and this controls all ceiling lights in the vestibule, saloons, corridor and toilet.]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:25:11 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2017, 04:51:50 pm »
After the fifth game and having suffered heavy losses the Poldorys were panicking.
A toilet break was taken and whilst on his way to the toilet, Alan slipped 20.00 to Elijah Vernon (a shady character known to the Poldorys).
Elijan's task was to switch off the lights via the isolating lever in the vestibule just as the train entered Wickwar tunnel.
Immediately the lights went out Giles slipped his hand over his ever bulging wallet. Half a second later he felt the sweary hand of Alan Poldory over his.
With that the two Poldory's made a bolt for it just as the train left the tunnel.
They ran straight into the beefy arms of Sgt Triggs and the Trevallion brothers.......
My Layouts -

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2017, 05:07:58 pm »
Already briefed by Alan Poldory for just such an event, Elijah Vernon, still standing in the RFO's vestibule, immediately gave the train's communication cord a sharp tug and prepared to open the coach's door, for a quick getaway, as soon as the train screeched to a halt.

Worriedly, the Bulleid Pacific's crew looked back down their rapidly slowing train for an indication from the train's guard as to what was happening whilst the guard gazed back along the train equally perplexed.

On board, standing passengers were thrown off their (unsteady) feet and glasses and bottles went crashing onto the floor, including the Chief Steward's beloved GWR logo glasses (preventing, though, discovery of which glasses contained alcohol and which did not). Shouts, cries, and cursing could be heard all through the carriages.

As soon as the train had come to a stop, the guard leapt out and hurried back down the line to set the warning detonators to protect the crowded special from a rear-end collision. The fireman also climbed down and set off in the opposite direction in search of one of the newly installed telephones mounted on a signal to inform the nearest signalbox that their train was stopped in section.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:56:56 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
August Donations
Military Vehicle 3D prints

Price: 6.50
Date: 01/08/2017 01:11 pm
Time Left: 10d 5h 32m