Trip to Scotland

Started by Roman Kochnowski, April 29, 2017, 09:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roman Kochnowski

And today Subway in Glasgow.In my opinion it is a kind of "pocket" metro linę but
very nice indeed.
With best Greetings
Roman

Train Waiting

Glad you enjoyed it, Roman.

I am fortunate to have known it in its old 'Shoogle' days before it became the 'Clockwork Orange'.

Sometimes I have to go through to Glasgow on business and I always try to take the opportunity to have a hurl on it.

Best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

mr magnolia

If you are still in Glasgow, do try and get along to 'Pastimes' to see their stock of used models etc.  well worth a browse, and likely you get another shot on the clockwork orange to deliver you to St George's Cross Station:

http://www.dinkydoll.com/contact.htm

Donald

Roman Kochnowski

I'm back in Poland now but I'm already planning my next trip.This time between Christmas and the New Year.
I think Scottish Railways in winter scenery look also great.I visited the Wildcat Models in Glasgow, but the class 55 from Graham Farish was bought at Hattons Model Railways(by the Internet).I hope that Christmas class 92 in the Caledonian Sleeper livery(Revolutions Trains) will be available.Similarly like HST in ECML livery from Dapol.
best Greeting to all
Roman

mr magnolia

Very good Roman. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Wildcat models is not a place I have been, but I do go to Partick station reasonably frequently, so should be able to get along myself sometime soon.
👍🏽

Donald

chris86200

worth a trip down the east coast past the royal border bridge at berwick and the northumberland coast though as a west coast man also the lowlands through carstairs, down to carlisle and through the lake district

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations