!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Trenitalia Thello, modelling the Paris-Milan-Verona-Venice sleeper train in N  (Read 760 times)

Offline marco neri

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Offline weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Thanks to the previous posters on this thread, :beers: I was able to find this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fleischmann-Scala-N-860710-Carrozza-Letti-Treno-Notte-T2S-FS-OVP/222415561820?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D74eaa493b611475893209da84755d594%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D152339083663

So I now have two Fleischmann 860710 T2S in FS livery on route to me. :claphappy: And by some amazing coincidence, they are coming from Milan! 8)

Hi guy,
If you are still  interested , here are some T2s on ebay.it
http://www.ebay.it/itm/N-3-Vagoni-Fleischmann-860710-FS-Treno-Notte-/222425756653?hash=item33c99bb3ed:g:ApEAAOSwWxNYtq0k

Marco

Hi,

Go on, you know you want to. 10 days to think up a financial excuse for those 3, then find say another 5, an Italian loco and a French loco (say 400) and you've got your memory train forever.

Put a couple of small single beds in the train room, open up a bottle of Chianti and away you go. It'll pay for itself in a few years  :D

Seriously, glad your getting there. Nice and interesting stuff on your Milan site's 'other items'.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Online port perran

• Awards
We use The Man in Seat 61 quite a bit. Very helpful. We've done a few all rail holiday trips now starting and finishing at our local station of Redruth (normally taking the sleeper for the first leg which is usually to London Paddington).
We find rail travel so convenient and it is by far the best way to enjoy the scenery passing by outside plus of course, with careful planning you can spend a night or two at interesting locations along the way.
We've always found the trains throughout Europe to be on time and reliable (but maybe we've just been lucky) and clean (by and large).
Just a tip, it's always worth checking out how much extra 1st class will be (often - depending on timings - the difference between 1st and standard is surprisingly little).
And , of course, you get to see lots of trains !
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Hi guy,
If you are still  interested , here are some T2s on ebay.it
http://www.ebay.it/itm/N-3-Vagoni-Fleischmann-860710-FS-Treno-Notte-/222425756653?hash=item33c99bb3ed:g:ApEAAOSwWxNYtq0k

Marco

Hi,

Go on, you know you want to. 10 days to think up a financial excuse for those 3, then find say another 5, an Italian loco and a French loco (say 400) and you've got your memory train forever.

Put a couple of small single beds in the train room, open up a bottle of Chianti and away you go. It'll pay for itself in a few years  :D

Seriously, glad your getting there. Nice and interesting stuff on your Milan site's 'other items'.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Nooooooooooooooo! :help: :help: :help:

Thankfully I won't need them even if I model the whole train. IIRC the train we travelled on was a consist of:
  • loco
  • restaurant car **
  • sleeping car
  • sleeping car
  • couchette car
  • couchette car

Maybe another couchette, but no more than that. I remember the loco wasn't in Thello livery - was red I think - and neither were all the cars. The loco may even have been SNCF. I took a pic of the loco in Paris, but as yet can't find it.

** Continental breakfast was included in our ticket. When we went along to the restaurant car, all they could offer us was: tea, coffee, juice, and one pastry that looked like it had sat there for days. We were so hungry that we had to eat some biscuits we were bringing back for the kids. :veryangry:
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Spedizione consegnata:

Thank you to the many members without whose help, I couldn't have got this far. :beers:

I'll have to press pause on this project now. The next job is to convince MBH to let me rebuild the shed - she likes the design of the shed we inherited when we bought this house. But it is a rotting leaking mess. I've said I'll build it to a similar design and to a better standard, but... :-X
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
August Donations
Military Vehicle 3D prints

Price: 6.50