Custom Weathering

Started by Tonye, December 18, 2016, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonye

:hellosign: Has anyone had a loco weathered by GC weathering?. I have just received my re-numbered , weathered class 27 and........? :thankyousign:
Tony .H

longbow

Their gallery of N Gauge work looks pretty good but I suppose results may vary...

Tonye

Here are 4 sides of my diesel loco weathered by GC weathering. Comments please.

Tony .H

austinbob

Looks good to me. Nice photos. :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Delboy

Hi Tonye,
Looks great. Mind if I ask what it cost for the weathering?
Regards Delboy.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Newportnobby

It looks very good indeed.
My preference is for heavy weathering so I would prefer the white making more grubby but I always was a dirty b. :-[

bluedepot

i think it looks good

how did they weather the bodysides/cab front?

tim

njee20

Not my era, but yep, I like that. Did they have references photos? IMO the biggest mistake a lot of weathering companies make is "generic dirt". Some operators keep their locos very clean, others don't!

Buffers look good though.

Tonye

:hellosign: GC Weathering didn`t have a picture to go by, I asked for medium weathering. I had to tick the boxes on the form to let them know what I wanted , greasy buffers , window wiper marks, exhaust stains etc. In total it cost me £42.00 of which £7.00 was secured p+p one way , because I gave them my loco at a exhibition. Included in the cost was renumbering.  :thankyousign:   
Tony .H

Delboy

Thanks for the info Tonye.
Money well spent IMO.
Regards Delboy.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

MJKERR

Quote from: njee20 on February 05, 2017, 09:08:32 PMIMO the biggest mistake a lot of weathering companies make is "generic dirt"
Agreed, even with reference photos Millfield Models weathering looked very generic
As a result I disposed of these models, now replaced by Mercig Studios

Impressed by GC Weathering, I plan to use them for the weathering of some of my coaches

longbow

A big thank you to Scott at the Weathering Works for these recent custom transformations:

keithfre

Quote from: longbow on July 26, 2017, 12:27:09 PM
A big thank you to Scott at the Weathering Works for these recent custom transformations:
Those steamers look really authentic!

Chris Morris

Sounds like quite a good price for weathering and number changing. Looks good, certainly better than some of the manufacturers attempts. Models straight out of the box just look so plastic and wrong. Even new locos and well kept locos very quickly get road grime around the tops and bottoms.

Weathering is very much personal taste. My take is that, as a general rule, if people don't notice the weathering then it is probably about right. Diesels often had clean sides but dirty roofs, bogies and frames because they would go through the cleaning plant. Has anyone been brave enough to include the damage done by washing plants on their diesel?
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations