Huge Thanks - Peter Charles Fagg

Started by guest2, December 17, 2016, 10:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Hello all,

I wish to say a huge thank you to Peter Charles Fagg.  He very sadly passed away not so long ago, but he and his wife promised some funds from the sale of his models to come to the NGF.  His models have mostly been sold I understand and with the help of member @Malc and DaveG I have received £250 for the forum.

As I said in another thread (link below) I had never met him, but he was such a friendly person and willing to help anyone - a true gent.  He is a great loss to the forum.

Thank you again Peter if you can read this 'up there', and many thanks to his family, and to Malc and DaveG once again.

Chris.

Peter's profile - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=profile;u=2262

Post from 7th October - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=34850.0

Malc

I would just like to add that during all the sorting and selling of Peter's collection, DaveG was a god send. Without his valuable help in dismantling Peter's half completed layout, packing everything away and reboxing what we could, I'd be still working on it. A big thanks to @daveg .
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

A huge thanks to both of you from afar.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Grateful thanks to both Malc and Dave, but most of all to Peter. Such a gesture is typical of the man - someone I will never forget.
@Tank
However, that is now 3 members who have passed away that I am aware of, and maybe we ought to have a 'small corner of the forum' where their names may live on. Strangely, one of their forum names was 'Belated' - how prescient was that? :uneasy:

Rob H

Perhaps some of the money could be used to buy some sort of trophy/cup/momento in honour of Peter, a great guy I had the pleasure to talk to on a few occasions.
To be presented to someone on the forum who has done sterling work for the forum or gone beyond the limits on behalf of the forum. I'm sure others on here will come up with better ideas but you get the idea, I'm sure Peter would approve,

Rob.
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

Croxy

Thanks to all who helped out with this. That was very kind of Peter to leave some funds for the forum......He is missed.

If you like it run it......

Zogbert Splod

I never met Peter, but I did 'talk' with him a time or two through the PM facility and through private email.
I was able to help him out on a couple of questions and received the most eloquent and gracious thanks. A gentleman in my book.

His donation to the forum, while not looked for, is none the less completely in character with the man. To echo others, in this thread and in others, a sad loss indeed.

I feel sure that the sad task taken on by Malc and Dave was some aspect of comfort to Peter's family and, as Tank suggests above,  deserves full recognition.
Thanks guys, you too are indicators of the core values that power this group.

Respectfully, Allan.....
@Malc  @daveg
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

painbrook

I'm sure we would all want to give Peter's family our best wishes for Christmas. john. Someone can be more eloquent I'm sure. john.

GrahamB

I met Peter at TINGS. A true gent. Hopefully some of the money could be used to ensure his memory lives on in the NGF.

We owe a debt of gratitude to his family. No doubt Christmas will be difficult for them but hopefully they will cheered by the legacy he leaves.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

surfaceman

Quote from: newportnobby on December 17, 2016, 12:21:50 PM
Grateful thanks to both Malc and Dave, but most of all to Peter. Such a gesture is typical of the man - someone I will never forget.
@Tank
However, that is now 3 members who have passed away that I am aware of, and maybe we ought to have a 'small corner of the forum' where their names may live on. Strangely, one of their forum names was 'Belated' - how prescient was that? :uneasy:

I think that is an excellent idea - lets have a thread controlled by the Moderators listing at least their names ... I'd suggest "Gone Home" might be an appropriate title.

Rgds,

Alex

Dock Shunter

Quote from: newportnobby on December 17, 2016, 12:21:50 PM

And the other two were both named Peter............. :NGaugersRule:

Tank

Quote from: Malc on December 17, 2016, 10:45:04 AM
I would just like to add that during all the sorting and selling of Peter's collection, DaveG was a god send. Without his valuable help in dismantling Peter's half completed layout, packing everything away and reboxing what we could, I'd be still working on it. A big thanks to @daveg .

So sorry DaveG.  Thank you very much as well of course.  I've put your name in the first post!

dannyboy

As I have said before, I never met Peter, but from reading his posts, he was, obviously, a gentleman and I got the impression that he was a gentle man as well. The gesture made by him is extremely generous, hopefully he is still sorting things out with a layout wherever he may be now.  Thanks to @Malc and @Dave G for what they have done.  It is stiil sad to think about his passing but if something could be done as suggested above to recognise members who are no longer with us - go for it.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

N-Gauge-US

What a kind gesture. I was so sad to read of Peter's passing. As others have attested, he was a wonderful addition to the forum and seems by all accounts to have been a great man. I do think we should do something to honour his memory, and perhaps an award would be fitting. Rather than a physical cup though, perhaps the award should take the form of an image of a cup next to the holder's name or in their signature bar, with a banner beneath which says 'Peter Charles Fagg 20xx Most Useful Engine Award Winner' or some such thing. The advantage to this would be that the funds Peter left could still be used for Forum upkeep, while his memory would live on in the awarding and in every post of the current holder. Just an idea! My thanks as well to DaveG and Malc for their help to Peter's family and the forum.

Philip
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

dannyboy

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on December 18, 2016, 08:49:21 PM
perhaps the award should take the form of an image of a cup next to the holder's name or in their signature bar, with a banner beneath which says 'Peter Charles Fagg 20xx Most Useful Engine Award Winner' or some such thing. The advantage to this would be that the funds Peter left could still be used for Forum upkeep, while his memory would live on in the awarding

Excellent idea  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations