Electra Railway Graphics temporary closure

Started by Adam1701D, October 02, 2016, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portpatrick

bridgiesimon

Adam1701D

Not a closure as such but I am having difficulties at present. As some of you may be aware my wife, Andrea, has been unwell over the last month or so and in hospital recently.

She is now out and recuperating at her parent's place in Spain for a week or so,

This means that between the day job, housework, dog walking and everything else, keeping on top of everything has been a bit of a struggle. I am still taking orders as normal but getting some of the jobs ready for printing is taking a longer than I would like.

Hopefully, everything should be back to normal in a couple of weeks. If you have an order in the works, please be patient - I will get it sorted as soon as I am able.

I am not monitoring internet forums or FB very much at the moment, so please email me directly if you need to get in contact.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Mito

I hope your wife improves rapidly. Spain is an excellent place to recuperate. Having been in a similar situation recently I know it's very difficult to do the jobs of two people by yourself and I'm retired. But just think of the space you have in the bed :)
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Adam1701D

My wife's in the Costa Blanca area, near Calpe. Beautiful place...

I end up with even less bed space, as my two dogs have decided to keep me company and generally end up pushing me off the edge...
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Mito

Our dog is not allowed on the bed. I've enough problems with my wife pushing me out of bed!
It certainly is a great part of the world. I live in Benissa.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Adam1701D

Things have gone from bad to worse. No sooner had Andrea arrived back home than we have had to take her back to hospital with a bad flare-up of the previous problem. We are waiting on the consultant and a scan to find out more, so fingers crossed they can sort it this time.

I'm afraid that Electra and model railways in general will be taking a back seat for the net few days  :(
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

dannyboy

I hope things soon improve for you and your wife. Good luck.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bob Tidbury

Sorry to hear of Andreas illness please wish her all the best and I hope they can sort her problem and get her back to good health as soon as possible.
Bob Tidbury

RailGooner

Pengi

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on July 17, 2017, 09:47:34 AM
Sorry to hear of Andreas illness please wish her all the best and I hope they can sort her problem and get her back to good health as soon as possible.
Bob Tidbury
My thoughts too
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Adam1701D

Many thanks, everyone. Andrea's had a diagnosis of an intestinal infection which has swollen the stomach lining and is really painful. She's on antibiotics and fluids so should hopefully be on the mend soon.

The staff at Peterborough City Hospital have all been superb and I am in awe about just how good the NHS can be when the chips are down.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Mito

Glad that she's getting sorted out and is on the mend. Looks like another trip to Calpe is on the books. ;)

robert shrives

Hi ,
Please add me to the list of well wishers and yes the NHS can pull rabbits out of hats despite a press happy to knock it.

Hope the dog fleet are ok as well and I think we all look forward to normal service resuming when all is calm at HQ !

Robert 

Adam1701D

Happy to say that Andrea is back at home and recovering. Hopefully, normal Electra service and playing trains will return in the next few days.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations