!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society - Construction  (Read 71545 times)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: Perthshire Railway Preservation Society - Construction
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2015, 09:28:06 am »
I'm looking forward to the latest updates. Once the oil refinery is up to full production, perhaps we can see some rakes of oil tanker wagons (of various epochs?).

Plans are already being discussed, in Cornwall, for an enthusiasts' special train (if not BR Maroon Mark 1s, maybe Gresley-designed stock in BR Lined Maroon?), with full catering on board, of course, next summer, to run to Perthshire with an overnight stop in the West Midlands. The members of the Cornish Loco. Preservation Group and the Great Western Society are keen to see something different. They have invited their colleagues from the Mid-Somerset Preservation Society to join them. The Alliance of West Country Breweries are going to send samples of their most popular ales plus "Sam's Cider" from Somerset with the train (naturally, with supplies for the passengers, too) and are hoping to negotiate a sampling visit and a trading agreement with a local malt whisky distillery.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 10:53:40 pm »
Thanks Chris, there is some growing excitement within the PRPS about the prospect of some railtours south to sample some outstanding local brews... has been a busy time here at the HQ with xmas rota's and visiting dignitaries - photo updates imminent!

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2015, 11:23:18 pm »
As part of the xmas clean up of the PRPS stock (in preparation for the big move in 2016) the yard master has unearthed a rogue van at the back of the yard and is in need of help in routing it back to its home base..... it is seen here being marshalled by the diesel groups cherished class 47 (47710) "Sir Walter Scott" seen here in her Scotrail Livery - any help in where the van should be sent would be gratefully received (Jock the shunter thought it had come from the south west somewhere, but the decorated yardmaster gave his opinion little credit)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2015, 11:27:33 pm »
A final look at how the new PRPS HQ looks at the end of 2105 (am hoping for a roof & walls by this time next year!

Carpenter has delivered the curved roof beam  :claphappy:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2015, 11:30:02 pm »
The local oil exploration company (just going through a merger, so new name not yet announced) has announced the commencement of a new prospect & associated oil pump construction

Offline oil2435

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2015, 12:42:07 am »
hi
that's a great job on the modelling, and man what a great place your going to have when finished. hope you've got it anchored though. looking forward to more updates
cheers bob

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2015, 10:50:37 am »
A final look at how the new PRPS HQ looks at the end of 2105 (am hoping for a roof & walls by this time next year!

Sadly there won't be many of us around to see the end result of this long term project :no:

Offline Mito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24863
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2015, 05:44:46 pm »

Sadly there won't be many of us around to see the end result of this long term project :no:

Think positive. At least you'll be able to look down on it  :angel: if that's the direction you've been sent in  >:D  :laugh:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2015, 08:28:07 pm »
As part of the xmas clean up of the PRPS stock (in preparation for the big move in 2016) the yard master has unearthed a rogue van at the back of the yard and is in need of help in routing it back to its home base..... it is seen here being marshalled by the diesel groups cherished class 47 (47710) "Sir Walter Scott" seen here in her Scotrail Livery - any help in where the van should be sent would be gratefully received (Jock the shunter thought it had come from the south west somewhere, but the decorated yardmaster gave his opinion little credit)

Many thanks for the updates. The green van looks very much like a couple (but in faded BR Crimson) used in Cornwall to transport edible seaweed from Port Perran to Cant Cove for use in the kitchen of "The Station Hotel". They are old (GNR?) Ventilated Fish Vans, long since replaced by BR SWB Insulated Vans and more modern LWB Insul Fish vans. I would not be surprised though if someone, in Cornwall, had painted one in SR or BR SR Green! It's certainly a long way from home!

Railtours next year look a distinct possibility. There is still time for a New Year special. 8-)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2015, 12:43:09 am »
Thought I recognised the colour scheme   :) I have a real mixture of rolling stock, some Pullmans, a couple of SR coaches, a few LMS maroon, a bevy of LNER teak plus blood & custards and BR blue grey's, will try and get some photos up between now & new year of the stock I have to see what is possible regarding a railrour 😄. On that note, Merry Christmas!

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2015, 11:27:28 am »
Thought I recognised the colour scheme   :) I have a real mixture of rolling stock, some Pullmans, a couple of SR coaches, a few LMS maroon, a bevy of LNER teak plus blood & custards and BR blue grey's, will try and get some photos up between now & new year of the stock I have to see what is possible regarding a railrour 😄. On that note, Merry Christmas!

That sounds good. I have some Pullmans (as does John, Claverdon), I have both types; plus BR Blue & Grey Mark 1s. Whilst I have Stanier and Gresley designed coaches they are all in BR Maroon plus I have a lot of BR Mark 1s in BR Maroon to go with them. My BR Crimson & Cream coaches are Bulleid and Hawksworth designs plus Mark 1s. I also have a GWR livery Hawksworth and GF generic mainline and suburban coaches in various liveries. I'll look forward to some photos. of your coaching stock in due course. Your Class 47 in ScotRail livery looks very fine. Next year will 'be' 1965, when the WR named some of its Brush Type 4s and I plan to have my model of D1662 "Isambard Kingdom Brunel", back from DCC-fitting at Wickness Models so that it can work special trains. It could work through to Perthshire, I'm sure and then hand over its train to local motive power. 8-)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2015, 10:42:14 pm »
I got the Scotrail liveried class 47 at the show in Perth this year, runs beautifully on DC, but was jerky on DCC... so I swapped it back to DC for a bit, and fitted the chip again and it is not showing any sign of life... the J39 is the same, beautifully smooth & slow speeds on DC....but jerky & poor running on DCC (sure it must just be the settings but not had time to test different settings)

I have a nice example of the class 47 in two tone green, D1505 - will get it DCC'd this coming year :)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2015, 10:42:38 am »
Sorry to read about your DCC problems. I'm sure someone on the DCC section of the forum would be able to help. I can only imagine that there is some problem with the track or an incompatibility between your DCC controller and the chip(s) used?

D1505 was one of the Brush Type 4s used on the East Coast line so could have reached Perth? The model of D1505 would be easy to renumber and fit nameplates to to make one of the WR's named locos. for anyone interested. (I had to pay for my model of D1662 to be reliveried into BR two-tone green.)

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2016, 01:27:20 pm »
After a long lay off over Xmas & NY... am back at work & have some time to draw breath & provide an update!

Construction of the new oil pump progressed over the xmas period (in between periods of extreme rain fall!)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2016, 01:35:36 pm »
Looking forward to the updates. Happy New Year!

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything