!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Clas 320 and 321 EMUs proposed by Revolution Trains  (Read 28083 times)

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • NGS Product Development Officer
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
Re: Clas 320 and 321 EMUs proposed by Revolution Trains
« Reply #300 on: October 20, 2017, 05:29:55 pm »
Hi Mike and Ben

I ordered a second set today and your website has listed the order and created an invoice, but I had a Bad Gateway message. Does that mean payment has not been taken? If so, what action should I take?

Cheers,
Ged.

Hi Ged

Your order went through OK.

Cheers, Mike

PS folks - if you get the bad gateway message then suggest checking your account to see if the order has gone through.  Majority of the time it will have done and should show on your account.  If the order doesn't show it hasn't gone through.

Offline rusticged

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9108
    • Awards
« Reply #301 on: October 20, 2017, 05:34:24 pm »
Thanks Mike
That's Great!!
Cheers,
Ged
Rusticged

Layout: 'Leefield & Ashpeth'
Modelling Freelance British outline from the 1960s to the Present day.

Offline Kaian

• N Gauge Society Number: 26669
    • Awards
« Reply #302 on: October 20, 2017, 07:10:39 pm »
I think my expression was for 2. But then the class 92 was announced and I have so far only ordered 1 x 321 and a few 92s. I think the payment plan for the 92s made me jump over the 321 for a while because of the lower initial outlay.
Craig

Offline scruff

• Awards
« Reply #303 on: October 20, 2017, 07:21:38 pm »
I agree Craig,

the lower payments definitely helped me to order the class 92. I think the idea of low but frequent payments would be a good one and might open up the models to more customers...

Cheers
Mark

Offline njee20

• N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #304 on: October 20, 2017, 08:17:55 pm »
I echo that, the 3 stage payments on he 92 with a smaller initial outlay feels more achievable.

I did consider buying another yesterday, but the £105 deposit is a fair bit, and I waivered. Itís totally irrational, as spending £50 now isnít really any different, net result is the same, but somehow with a smaller deposit I think to throw caution to the wind a little more!

Offline Lindi

• Awards
« Reply #305 on: October 21, 2017, 10:08:26 am »
I am one of the people who registered an interest into the Class 320/321 model who hasn't placed an order.
There are a number of factors

1. Being on a limited modelling budget I cannot afford to have £90 tied up in a model that may/may not happen. If I do order one (now unlikely) it will be just before the deadline if I have available funds

2. Ordering to get the 'Early Bird' price was not an option as the deadline for this was around the time the balance of payment was required for the Pendolino

3. Since the expression of interest both Revolution and DJM have announced/progressed with the class 92. Purchase of this has priority over the 320/321

4. Farish have heavily discounted the Class 350 'desiro' model. I can purchase two 4 car Desiro units for less than a single 3 car class 320. Rails of Sheffield still have 150+ 'desiro' models in stock

Offline gc4946

• N Gauge Society Number: 5936
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: October 21, 2017, 10:27:53 am »
There were more expressions of interest because the classes 320 and 321 between them offered a wide range of liveries and people wanted (and hoped for) specific liveries to be produced.

Now that choices are firming up, those who really wanted a specific livery or version that hasn't made it onto the shortlist for production have started losing interest.

Even though white and unpainted options are still possible for those interested in repaints or applying vinyls, not everyone has the skills or confidence to undertake the work.

Offline gc4946

• N Gauge Society Number: 5936
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: October 21, 2017, 11:19:37 am »
I've just checked their website on the current state of play:

Class 320s - firm? - Scotrail saltire

In the running: London Midland (unbranded), Strathclyde orange, plain white, undecorated

I'm surprised that Strathclyde's orange scheme - despite its relative popularity - hasn't yet been confirmed for production, although, the 320s entered service in 1990 after mass Sprinterisation.

Class 321s - firm? - NSE, London Midland, First Capital Connect

In the running: Silverlink County, Northern, plain white, undecorated

Again, I'm surprised that Silverlink's version hasn't yet made it onto the shortlist even though there's a class 350 available in grey/blue to run alongside them.

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS Vice President, Contributor to Model Rail
    • A Pendolino in N
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: October 21, 2017, 12:35:00 pm »

Hello all,

Thanks to everyone for the very helpful feedback.

We understand modelling budgets are limited; there isn't much anyone can do about that!  Funnily enough one of the advantages of crowd-funding is that in financial terms you get a lot of bang for your buck - as you are effectively purchasing a limited run model at the equivalent of trade price.

Mike and I have long been aware that, because our offered models have been largely focussed on the WCML (because that is where we were told the main manufacturers did not see adequate sales) then to some extent we are coming after the same customers - and that includes us!  We have tried to stagger our projects for this reason.

In terms of timings, orders for the 92 have easily overtaken the 320/321 and that's why the model is now at the approval stage. 

That means the 92 will happen before the 320/321, which even if tooling were to start in the New Year would not be ready for shipping until Xmas 2018 at the *very* earliest, so I would anticipate that anyone putting down a deposit now need not be too concerned at the balance being required imminently and clashing with impending 92 installments.

But I do accept that for some people a 320/321 is in the category of "quite nice to have" rather than "must have."

I can also totally understand why some would prefer to wait for the Pendolinos to arrive before committing but Mike and I were already clear that we wouldn't be making any kind of final decision on the 320/321 before the Pendolinos are here.

cheers

Ben A.

Offline Graham

• N Gauge Society Number: 20459
  • Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: November 08, 2017, 11:49:34 pm »
well, bitten the bullet and 2 more ordered, hopefully this will help get them over the line.

Offline ECMLfan

• Awards
« Reply #310 on: November 09, 2017, 12:12:13 pm »
I recently expressies my EoI in the model and contacted RevolutioN about it and on Warley I will place an order of four to five units for my Doncastle (yes, based on Doncaster) layout which I'm planning. 2 Northern and 2 FCC with an optional one in another livery.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
November Donations

Advertise Here