dust

Started by brbluewill, December 04, 2011, 08:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brbluewill

another question ;D ;D how do you protect your layout from the build up of dust and stour if your layout is permanently erected.any pics of your methods if there is any would be great :thumbsup:
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

GrahamB

I use a dust sheet. It's just a thin, lightweight curtain.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

scotsoft

Quote from: gwrwill on December 04, 2011, 08:04:48 PM
another question ;D ;D how do you protect your layout from the build up of dust and stour if your layout is permanently erected.any pics of your methods if there is any would be great :thumbsup:

You can't go using words like "stour" or even "stoor", it baffles the sassenachs and any talk of being permanently erected is really going to upset loads of the older guys  :evil:  :smiley-laughing:

I'm sure the rate the government is closing hospitals you should be able to pick up a positively pressurised clean room really cheap and as long as you change the filters when requires nae stoor will gaethir  :thumbsup:  :beers:

John

Newportnobby

Sorry, old chap. I don't understand your banter. Biffo - translate please? (with grateful thanks to Monty Python)

Avis1434

Well said Scotsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

brbluewill

Quote from: scotsoft on December 04, 2011, 08:49:44 PM
Quote from: gwrwill on December 04, 2011, 08:04:48 PM

You can't go using words like "stour" or even "stoor", it baffles the sassenachs and any talk of being permanently erected is really going to upset loads of the older guys  :evil:  :smiley-laughing:

I'm sure the rate the government is closing hospitals you should be able to pick up a positively pressurised clean room really cheap and as long as you change the filters when requires nae stoor will gaethir  :thumbsup:  :beers:

John

aye yer richt i really shoulda thocht before i opened my gub ;D ;D ;D i will keep the heid next time ;D ;D ;D

bluedepot

yeh just look for a dust sheet in any diy shop or even in some pound shops

put some tape on the side that's gonna be face up though so you always put it back on the same way

tim

poliss

Put a lid on it. That's what I did.

AndyGif

The cat dusts mine, tho you are then left with the problem of how to get rid of the cat hair.....
Even leving the rail cleaner energized dosent seem to deter them, i think the enjoy being zapped....

brbluewill

Quote from: newportnobby on December 05, 2011, 03:42:04 PM
Quote from: poliss on December 05, 2011, 03:33:49 PM
Put a lid on it. That's what I did.

Oops - I thought you meant  :-X :-X :-X
;D ;D ;D thats what i thought at first ;D ;D ;D

painbrook

Why buy, you must have an old sheet or duvet cover (mine was cut into two pieces the other is used to protect the floor when i decorate :o), I also made a lightweight wood frame for underneath to protect scenics, factory chimney etc. A bit fragile but we're all carefull with are railways :-\. Two things I've wondered, would large cardboard boxes cut/trimmed make a better sturdier frame or would gardeners fleece if dustproof, be the easiest option?. Cheers john. Question for you guys, when was the last time you uncovered your railway to operate?, I confess it's while for me :-[.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations