!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: East Lancashire lines  (Read 65704 times)

Offline lil chris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
Re: East Lancashire lines
« Reply #1305 on: July 09, 2017, 11:10:17 pm »
More work on the factory scene, a truck added plus a stacker truck and some workers and a few crates and pallets etc.
Also more static grass, the scene is getting there. I intend to finish the factory scene/cameo before starting work on the goods yard.
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Offline lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #1306 on: July 14, 2017, 08:07:51 pm »
More work on the factory scene, added a truck and stacker truck, pallets and figures etc. More fencing reqiured yet to fence the factory off from the river and possibly some trees.Once this has been done I will weather the whole scene including the buildings. A few pics showing the progress. With regard to the goods yard, I have bought another coal yard kit with staithes, but I have also made another staithe of my own out of Styrene. I am thinking of placing these on the back siding next to the dirty cobbled road, I have a small crane too but have not decided where to put that, possibly between the second and third siding, just behind where the tank loco is, or to the left of the cattle dock. Either way the back siding looks like being the busy. I am thinking of putting a small platform between the back of the station and the first siding for unloading vans etc. Any other ideas will be appreciated, I do not want it too cramped.

The next few pics show the coal staithes and a couple of overhead views of the goods yard .....

Lil Chris

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #1307 on: July 14, 2017, 08:18:02 pm »
Looking really good Chris.
I love the factory building which sits nicely below the viaduct.
The viaduct itself looks very impressive. Especially from the angle in the third photo.
A crane will look very much at home in the goods yard. Could I suggest some general clutter such as oil drums, wood loads, barrells etc. A Scammell Scarab or two would look good too.
Excellent stuff. Keep up the good work (and the updates).
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #1308 on: July 14, 2017, 08:24:48 pm »
What he said, plus pallets!

Many years ago I got some N gauge pallets from Ratio, believe they are still sold, along with barrels etc.

It's all looking very good indeed.

Skyline2uk
LNER A3 and A4....check
Deltic.....check
HST set......surely?!

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=4129.msg46795#msg46795

Offline lil chris

• Awards
« Reply #1309 on: July 14, 2017, 08:26:40 pm »
Thanks Martin for the nice comments, yes plans are  afoot for some trucks in the goods yard, I also have some drums ready. I intend to finish the factory scene first before working on the goods yard, but I am collecting items ready for use in the goods yard. I plan to enable shunting using D&G couplings, there is a magnet in place already between the 3 way point and the slip, there is another on the main line down track so wagons can be dropped off. I have some dummy ground signals which might come handy to mark where the magnets are.

If you look closely on the second pic you can see some boxes stacked up and a single barrel in the factory yard. I did manage to separate another barrel, they are P & D Marsh castings, to put somewhere but it flicked off and disapeared in the room somewhere, no doubt I will find it one day, probably kneel on it and have it embedded in my knee.....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 08:33:09 pm by lil chris »
Lil Chris

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #1310 on: July 14, 2017, 08:44:00 pm »
That's looking excellent, Chris but, wot, no greenery? :o
Are your workers so good at keeping weeds/undergrowth/shrubs etc down?
I know it can be done right at the end but please consider it.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here