!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Kato Rhaetische Bahn series  (Read 8579 times)

Online RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: Kato Rhaetische Bahn series
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2017, 05:25:48 pm »
Welcome aboard @fitzgreyve . :wave: Very nice work on the 3D print. :thumbsup:
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline Metroman64

• MENSA No 60968
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2017, 07:21:08 pm »
Watch this space, I have a Gem 4/4 in my workshop. This is a 3D bodyshell from Shapeways. Just waiting for the chassis so I can start. Decals have been specially printed by AB Modell for me.

Offline fitzgreyve

• Awards
« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2017, 12:29:01 pm »
Watch this space, I have a Gem 4/4 in my workshop. This is a 3D bodyshell from Shapeways. Just waiting for the chassis so I can start. Decals have been specially printed by AB Modell for me.

I've just received mine ("TT Trams" on Shapeways), plus a Ge 4/4 I from the same. Just got to make my mind up on whether to use the Tomytec ED01 or TM03 chassis for the latter.

I'm just measuring up the GEm for a chassis  - any thoughts ? Also, I was wondering about how best to model the visible mid-chassis detail on this one, it's a bit complex for a first go at a  3D print.

Offline Metroman64

• MENSA No 60968
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2017, 09:41:36 pm »
For the TT Trams Gem 4/4 chassis, I have used a Tomytec TM-21. Although it fits, the wheelbase is too long. The ploughs should be set back under the cab doors almost, but with this chassis, they are level with the cab front which affects the appearance. I am going to try a Tomytec TM-03 which has a slightly shorter wheelbase but only drives on one bogie. Again, it will be converted to Nm. I did convert the TM-21 to Nm, but it runs like a pig for some reason, the Tomytec chassis for my ABe 4/4 railcar runs like a dream! As for the space between the bogies, I have used plasticard and brass wire to simulate what is there, it is not 100% accurate but does the job in my opinion. Front end pipes are Dapol from an Ndetail1 set - N gauge diesel details.

Offline fitzgreyve

• Awards
« Reply #154 on: Yesterday at 01:34:08 pm »
THanks Metroman - just to check we are on the same page, I got my (TT Trams) bodies printed at 1:150, but I'm sticking with  9mm track.

I have a spare TM-03 and while it fits the Ge 4/4 I body almost perfectly, the bogie centre dimension  seems too short for the Gem  - its 40mm, and by my calculation for the Gem it should be around 53mm in 1:150  (about 7.9 m in reality?). I was about to invest in a TM21, the bogie centre  >is< too long on that one at 56 mm.

interesting point on the snow plough position, I hadn't got that far. What ploughs are you using, I was about to invest in a pack of Kato ABe spares ?

I've printed my own transfers (on the above pics) using colour lazer printer (transfer stock from crafty computer paper)- the photos really exaggerate the outline of the transfer, which in reality is not that noticeable.

I also just picked up two red Kato GE 4/4/ III bodies (no windows) very cheap on Ebay.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
July Donations

Advertise Here