Coronation

Started by papajoe, October 05, 2011, 01:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papajoe

Just bought a Langley Coronation body and Minitrix Britannia anything I should know about building it??

Sithlord75

Pretty straight forward kit.  Take your time and make sure you have some filler handy.  It can be improved with a better bogies - the Brit one is too short.  Looks the part but I won't be running mine with the new coaches or being passed by the new Jubilee!
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

Dr Al

Quote from: Sithlord75 on October 05, 2011, 01:27:35 PM
Looks the part but I won't be running mine with the new coaches or being passed by the new Jubilee!

I would imagine with separate handrails/superdetailing and mounted on a Jubilee chassis with modified N brass front bogie, it could cut it with the modern stuff....

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

papajoe

Thanks folks, just sent for the transfers from Fox

Sithlord75

Quote from: Dr Al on October 05, 2011, 01:47:21 PM
Quote from: Sithlord75 on October 05, 2011, 01:27:35 PM
Looks the part but I won't be running mine with the new coaches or being passed by the new Jubilee!

I would imagine with separate handrails/superdetailing and mounted on a Jubilee chassis with modified N brass front bogie, it could cut it with the modern stuff....

Cheers,
Alan

gonna need more than a Jub chassis - two extra wheels to start with.  I would also hope the master has been done up since I got mine but I doubt it.
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

Dr Al

Quote from: Sithlord75 on October 06, 2011, 06:55:10 AM
gonna need more than a Jub chassis - two extra wheels to start with. 

That's an easy mod to the Jub chassis given it's drawbar arrangement, and the wheelsets are essentially right for the Duchess. The spacing isn't quite, but you can't have everything!

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations