Model rail Live

Started by CAMBRIAN DRIVER DAVE, September 12, 2011, 06:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAMBRIAN DRIVER DAVE

Hi all any one going to model rail live on saturday I've never been before is it any good .
Dave
Big Dave

painbrook

Dave , not heared of that show before so you will have to go and give us your opinion , of course accompanied with photos :) .Can't wait  ;D . Cheers john .

Pete Mc

Hi Dave,I went last year and really enjoyed it,although I was suffering some considerable pain due to having an absess,I still had a good day.

Had a few train rides on the back of one of the DPS's Deltics and enjoyed looking around their building which is where many of the layouts were exhibited.Don't know if they will be in there this year but according to the leaflets I have got,this year will be bigger.

Last years Mode Rail Live was also tje venue for me making the decision to choose N Gauge over OO gauge by buying a Farish Deltic and a Farish 101 3 car dmu.

I'm going on saturday so as I can get in to see if there's any new stock I can pick up as there was virtually nothing left at TINGS due to going on sunday,got beaten to all the good stuff.

Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Newportnobby

Quote from: Pete Mc on September 12, 2011, 09:22:31 PM

Last years Mode Rail Live was also tje venue for me making the decision to choose N Gauge over OO gauge by buying a Farish Deltic and a Farish 101 3 car dmu.

Must have been good then :smiley-laughing: :thumbsup:

silly moo

Hello,

I went last year on the Sunday and thought it was fantastic. I was glad I went then as I heard it was very very busy on the Saturday.

For me it was the ideal combination, models and the real thing.

Last year there was no N so I complained ( very politely ) to the organisers and there will be at least one N Gauge layout this year. Although I appreciate modeling in all scales there should be SOME N gauge.

Regards

Veronica.

Veronica.

bluedepot

hi all,

i really want to go to barrow hill.... i think it just sounds too busy though at model rail live and harder to get photos and look at the real life locos on shed.

i may go at the weekend, undecided...

tim

CAMBRIAN DRIVER DAVE

Thanks for the info every one so it's a defo worth
Going then  :Class89:
Big Dave

scruff

I went last year.

It was an excellent day out, even the wife wasn't TOO bored! I'd recommend it.

Mark

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations