Show Your Latest Completed Loco and Rolling Stock Kit/Scratch Builds

Started by EtchedPixels, July 09, 2013, 08:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

From Left to Right.
Peco Tram Loco bought from EP
ZCGB  Diesel bought from N Tastic a while ago - This is a 0-4-0  centre wheelset removed from Marklin chassis
French Nm Locotracteur 62 from Shapeways. Uses the 0-6-0 chassis from Marklin 88641
WW1 simplex from Shapeways - non powered
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

EtchedPixels

Gresley Sleeper First. Etched sides, butchered Dapol coach.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

kiwi1941

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 11, 2013, 08:30:09 PMGresley Sleeper First. Etched sides, butchered Dapol coach.

Please tell us more - are they, the sides, available? B
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

EtchedPixels

Original sides sawn out, and yes the etches will be available in a while. That one is one of the old pre lightbar coaches so sent me back I think it was £8 when they were on special offer  :thumbsup:

Fox Transfers do the decals needed including sleeping car decals (although with all the gold and stuff they are not cheap)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

EtchedPixels

GWR M11. This is a 70ft parcels/stowage van built to the full GWR 9' gauge.

My ultimate goal is to do the M10 which is the 'Ocean Mails' coach to similar design but that has more complications (recessed doors) so I figured I'd start with an easier one.

Alan

Adam1701D

I have converted a Tomix TM-18 20m chassis for use under the N-Train / ERG 313 series kit (now available). The basic chassis has been fitted with TPM sideframes with the mounting points cut flush with 3D printed components from Bob's underframe.

From the picture it is quite apparent that the wheelbase of the bogies is slightly too short but when on the track it is barely noticeable. Perhaps not a 100% satisfactory motorising solution but it runs like a dream and is quite cheap to buy at under £40.00 from eBay.

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Adam1701D

And also finished off an NMT conversion with the new-style vinyls for a customer commission:

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

EtchedPixels

Todays project. The hardest parts of this were finding the chassis and getting the decals to go on.

Alan

Adam1701D

Here's a Cravens 1957 Mk1 Prototype, using my new-style sides on a GF Mk1.

Makes a change from stripy EMUs!  :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

CarriageShed

Quote from: captainelectra on August 27, 2013, 09:13:16 PM
Here's a Cravens 1957 Mk1 Prototype, using my new-style sides on a GF Mk1.

Makes a change from stripy EMUs!  :)

That looks great. Very professional  :thumbsup:

NeilMac

Quote from: EtchedPixels on August 25, 2013, 05:52:00 PM
Todays project. The hardest parts of this were finding the chassis and getting the decals to go on.

Alan

Excellent! I assume it's based on the Langley white metal body kit?

I wonder if BachFar will eventually produce a Streamliner, based on their forthcoming Princess Coronation chassis...

Neil

EtchedPixels

Dorsetmike

Where do you draw the line between scratch and hack?

Three Southern 4-6-0s,

Urie H15, Langley S15 loco body, BHE N15 tender, Chassis Minitrix 2077 with Fleischmann 7161 valve gear (Note to self - Must add some coal!)

[smg id=6590]

Urie N15 King Arthur class Camelot, BHE kit, locxo chassis Peco Jubilee, tender drive Union Mills plus an extra pair of wheels

[smg id=6588]

Maunsell S15 class, Langley loco body with cab hacked and footplate levelled over cylinders, BHE N15 tender Minitrix 2077 tender drive

[smg id=6589]

Boiler bands are Fox LNER white/black/white, other lining freehand with Rotring drawing pen and opaque inks (ruler usd for some straight lines) Bogie side frames Worsley Works etches with cast axle boxes.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

EtchedPixels

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations