ATTENTION - MODELZONE PURCHASERS

Started by guest1328, June 26, 2013, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

painbrook

(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/10141388/2000-jobs-at-risk-as-Dwell-Internacionale-Ark-and-ModelZone-head-for-administration.html), if you scroll down on that page you will see a link re Hornby's connection with MZ. Sorry no link my laptop ain't behaving lately. Cheers john.

1936ace

same here i ordered the farish ivatt 2mt as it was just 58 pounds now they are over the 70 mark now.
just hope al the staff are looked after
bart

buckle247

Shame, they were good for offers. Got some airfix/revell kits when they was on 3 for price of 2. Offer hard to beat.

Southernsnail

Are the MZ stores still currently open and if so has any one been in and found they are cheaper than normal now they are administration ?

woodbury22uk

I was at Merry Hill yesterday, and apart from the Administrator's official notice nothing seemed different. I would not expect low price offers anyway. The administrators would not want to take value out of the business which could reduce the sale price of the whole enterprise. MZ probably does not own much of the stock -as a Hornby concession the Hornby, Airfix, Humbrol and Corgi stuff belongs to Hornby.

If a buyer cannot be found then liquidtion would follow at which point a decision is taken on how to extract as much cash as possible to satisfy statutory liabilites and other creditors. That might involve selective price cuts.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

diesel

I was at Sunderland today and no change in prices .
Brian

MikeDunn

Quote from: diesel on June 28, 2013, 11:02:36 PM
I was at Sunderland today and no change in prices .
Yeah, but that's just full of Mackems !!!  :D

Agrippa

Had to google Mackem to see what it meant , thought it was an obscure
type of rolling stock.  ;D

ps is it pronounced as in bake or as in sack ?
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

scotsoft

1936ace

hi all,

i just got a reply from pete at sigbox, still trading so my orders are good and still still have my pre order for the 2mt so fingers crossed they can trade out

bart

OwL

Quote from: 1936ace on June 30, 2013, 08:27:38 AM
hi all,

i just got a reply from pete at sigbox, still trading so my orders are good and still still have my pre order for the 2mt so fingers crossed they can trade out

bart

Hi Bart, i dont want to alarm you but they would say that....
My brother had stuff on order with Jessop's (a UK high street camera retailer whom went bust earlier this year. Despite being told everything was ok by staff in reality they went bust before they could deliver......

My brother is now £80 out of pocket and chasing them up (as in at the back of a long que of owed people)
Im not calling Signal Boxes integrity into qustipn here btw, as they clearly know more about the situation than me.

I just dont want to see you out of pocket thats all.
You could always cancel your order with SB and create a new order for the same items with them but PAY ON CREDIT CARD if your order is over £100 GBP. That way your money is safe if the shop stops trading overnight for instance.

Best of luck and i hope it works out for you.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

1936ace

Hi all,

Signal box models still trading and supporting their customers.
My delivery of the 50, 46 horse box and cement wagons arrived today nice and safe.
Peter has kept me informed the whole time which must be hard for the staff to keep positive(just gone through reform with another pommy boss appointed and 900 jobs gone last friday with another similar amount to go by the years end)
Just thought they needed a good mention
Bart

linuxyeti

Hi All

Looking a little bleaker for Modelzone, perhaps? Had to go to Merry Hill tonight, and the store there was just about starting a liquidation sale, so I ended up with the ModelZone exclusive RTC shunter, one I've had my eye on for a while, but hadn't bought, but I guess chances to buy it are diminishing. Oh yeah, a 20% discount was applied.

I do hope ModelZone, and associated companies do come out of this is some viable form.

Cheers

Tony

EtchedPixels

Time to have a look in ours then. At 20% discount it might actually be comparable to prices elsewhere.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations