ATTENTION - MODELZONE PURCHASERS

Started by guest1328, June 26, 2013, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

TAG models was great, even after the move from the shop by the station. It went very downhill after the MZ takeover, however.

I'll miss being able to pop into the Peterborough MZ at lunchtime for a browse but at least it will remove the temptation of the large-scale kit of NCC-1701 calling me from the window!
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Bikeracer

I wish they'd bought Access Models in Newark.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

GWR-Kris

TBH altho there staff are helpful when ever I have gone into Model Zone shops I have always walked out empty handed as they are way to expensive.

1whitemoor

My experience of MZ is based on poor customer service I received.

One customer was asking if anyone had ever made a Lancaster bomber in 1:24 scale. The shop assistant (late 60's) said no. I later told the customer that heritage aviation produced one and that they sometimes come up for sale on ebay. At this point the assistant interrupted our conversation to tell the customer I was mistaken and who could imagine such an enormous aircraft and the very idea was laughable. I wasn't very impressed with his (incorrect) attitude.

Another instance was at a different branch, where a Farish Seacow hopper was labelled as an OBA, with a much lower price. It was also in the sale. The end was a bit battered and so I inquired if I could buy it for a couple of pounds less. I was told no. I then asked what was to become of it now that they knew it was damaged - "oh it'll probably go in the bin". I got it at a knock-down price, but I can't say I ever went back.

Just my 2 cents

Paul A.

guest311

I've always found the Crawley branch staff to be very helpful, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to deal with.

over the years I've used them for paint, glue, tools and kits, and always found their service great.

two examples :

One time I saw a green split headcode box farish class 37 on display, but at a much higher price than I'd seen it listed at Hattons.

an assistant asked if I was interested, but I explained the price difference, and he said they'd match the cost I'd pay, ie price plus the £4.00 p&p.

SOLD.

a few months ago I went in to see if they did spares for an indoor helicopter my son in law got me, due to digital interface malfunctions I'd knackered a link in the rotor head, and the guy I saw said he was sorry, they didn't.

he then asked what part I was after, and when I told him, he said he thought they'd got a faulty one of that type out the back.

a few minutes later he came back with the chopper, removed the complete rotorhead and rotors, gave them to me, and added ' that should do you'.

when I asked how much I owed for them, he said nothing.

you'd go a long way to get that sort of service from a lot of local model shops.

I shall certainly be sad to see them go.

just my experiences.

Gooner1953

Just taken delivery of a £40 purchase from Signal Box which was posted out yesterday. Guess I can count myself lucky.....

OwL

Quote from: newportnobby on June 26, 2013, 05:20:26 PM
Anyone know if this affects The Signal Box in Rochester, as I have a coupla pre orders on with them and need to know whether to move them elsewhere. TIA

Mick, play on the safe side, get your money back ASAP. If Rochester are affected due to their relationship with MZ, then you can bet your bottom dollar that you will lose your dosh only to be added to a long list of people wanting pay-back.
(Nothing personal to Model Zone, as i hate to see people lose their jobs but at the same time i hate to see people lose money)

I wish MZ staff well and all the best for the future.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Sprintex

Isn't it usually the case with pre-orders though that payment is only taken when the item is in stock ready for despatch?

Paul

bigbob

If they are in administration i think you can say good bye to your money! CC company may be your best option?

scotsoft

Quote from: Sprintex on June 27, 2013, 11:38:37 AM
Isn't it usually the case with pre-orders though that payment is only taken when the item is in stock ready for despatch?
Paul

Not all companies work like that, I use one model company for r/c models and if I preorder the money is taken straight away  ::)

OwL

Quote from: scotsoft on June 27, 2013, 11:44:37 AM
Quote from: Sprintex on June 27, 2013, 11:38:37 AM
Paul

Not all companies work like that, I use one model company for r/c models and if I preorder the money is taken straight away  ::)

That was my fear too John :hmmm:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

1936ace

holly crap!!

just ordered a few locos,coaches and rolling stock from the boys at sig box, very helpful i'd like to add last week. they told me it left that day so fingers crossed i might be lucky.
im glad i read this as i was just about to do a large order for a work mate worth a mint, i wonder if they would of told me
bart
thanks guys

PaulCheffus

Hi

I have placed several pre orders over the years with both ModelZone and The Signal Box, I was never charged until the items were despatched.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

silly moo

I can second what Paul has just said about pre orders.

I've never been to a Model Zone but would miss The Signal Box if it went, a friend and I have made a couple of day trips there, had a good look at the well displayed and priced stock and never left empty handed.

Newportnobby

Desperate shame for all MZ employees :(
I would emphasise no money has been passed to the Signal Box for pre-orders, and those orders have now been transferred elsewhere :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations