What are you doing today ?

Started by port perran, July 17, 2011, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Waiting for that wonderful human being and politician, Liam Fox, to make the announcement that about 2000 of us are dreading, the closure of RAF Leuchars  :(

Tank

All the best Lawrence.  I hear they're thinking of getting rid of 17,000 troops in the Army too. :thumbsdown:

scotsoft

If the government used more of their time closing tax loopholes for multinational companies and multi millionaires so they paid fairly there would be a lot more cash in the coffers.

steamerdave

Quote from: scotsoft on July 18, 2011, 10:07:25 AM
If the government used more of their time closing tax loopholes for multinational companies and multi millionaires so they paid fairly there would be a lot more cash in the coffers.

Could not agree more, now its time to get ready for work, another shift at sunny Stansted Airport  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

grastairs

Quote from: steamerdave on July 18, 2011, 02:12:55 PM
Could not agree more, now its time to get ready for work, another shift at sunny Stansted Airport  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

It could be worse .... I fight my way through the BAA Shopping Mall, aka Heathrow, every working day. Even the new bits there are staring to look tatty, and the powers that be have just had yet another rethink on what constitutes an "approved" bag for liquids, gels and creams going through security  >:(
The World is a big place, even in N Gauge. Graham.

EtchedPixels

Today has been a bit different

Watching my wife in cap and gown getting her 1st class honours degree. Puts my Desmond to shame somewhat !

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

scotsoft

Quote from: EtchedPixels on July 18, 2011, 06:06:18 PM
Today has been a bit different

Watching my wife in cap and gown getting her 1st class honours degree. Puts my Desmond to shame somewhat !

Alan

At least it wasn't a Douglass  :thumbsup:

Lawrence

Well thats it then, Leuchars to close as an RAF base, shame our esteemed defence secretary didn't have a flamin clue about defence :evil:

guest311

Isn't it amazing how when they cut huge numbers off the forces, they never seem to cut any of the dead wood at MOD [Ministry Organising Disasters].

In fact they'll probably need to take on thousands more to deal with the increased workload caused by the expansion of the TA [which if I remember right, they cut a few years ago] and who when they get called up seem quite often to find they no longer have a job to go back to.

suprised with these idiots they haven't come up with the idea to privatise the forces!

pass the bottle, I need a drink

class37025

lesmond

I'm going waste all of today beating my head off a very solid brick wall, thinking I like it, and then doing it some more, just for fun.

I haven't been this p****d off or disillusioned for years. Not happy.  :thumbsdown:

Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

lesmond

Quote from: lesmond on July 19, 2011, 07:10:45 AM
I'm going waste all of today beating my head off a very solid brick wall, thinking I like it, and then doing it some more, just for fun.

I haven't been this p****d off or disillusioned for years. Not happy.  :thumbsdown:

Head now looks like a zombie who has been hit with a breeze block, spent most of yesterday in tears, but happier today!!

Isn't life wonderful?

Newportnobby

Quote from: lesmond on July 20, 2011, 03:27:19 PM
Quote from: lesmond on July 19, 2011, 07:10:45 AM

Head now looks like a zombie who has been hit with a breeze block, spent most of yesterday in tears, but happier today!!

Isn't life wonderful?

Hi Lesmond,
I don't know of anything to say to mak :wave:e you feel better, but suffice to say there are hundreds of shoulders on this forum and we'd all be pleased to help in any way possible (apart from spondulicks 'cos I haven't much myself!)

Lawrence

Quote from: lesmond on July 20, 2011, 03:27:19 PM

Head now looks like a zombie who has been hit with a breeze block

Well surely that's improvement for a start  ;)

longbridge

Today is the same every Thursday, I will be going to a mates place with a group of friends to play guitar and sing a few songs. :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

lesmond

Normal service is slowly being resumed - thanks to all for the support. I now owe loads of beer / tea / bacon butties.  :beers:

You are all lovely people, and I'm sorry for going off on one  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations