New dapol milk tanker

Started by 1936ace, February 19, 2013, 06:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Does anyone know what colour is the new dapol milk tanker for express dairies part number 27 031 002 . Will it be black like the peco one.
I'm trying to match up some to the peco ones and as hattons advise they are no longer made I'm left will dapol, but no one had them in stock only pre order
Thanks in advance
Bart

Sprintex

1936ace

Thanksfor that. Hattons have another on e available and its blue also, was just unsure if this was a new issue, but obviously not.
Is there any reason why peco's is black and dapol's is blue. Do the colours mean anything
thanks Bart

steam-driven boy

Hi,
Coming from a different direction I had a quick 'google myself, this time with the Peco product code - first 'hit' was with Amazon UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peco-NR-P168-Tank-Express-Dairies/dp/B002QVOKES who show 4 available supplied by Gaugemaster.
There were a number of other 'hits' with actual stock being shown  8)

Regards, Gerry.
...being a bear of very little brain...

1936ace

thanks guys,
yes just found cmc have some as well. will give them an email to see what postage will be as hattons are the only ones i know that tell you straight up what the postage will be to Australia
hopefully the boss will let me buy a few more then i need
bart

Ollie3440

If you don't want to wait for the Dapol release then Osborns are currently selling a twin pack they commissioned
http://www.osbornsmodels.com/dapol--osborns-exclusive-re-run-6-wheel-milk-tank-express-dairies-pair-22688-p.asp

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

zwilnik

1936ace

thanks guys

I like how it says 4 by 2 tankers but shows only 6 in advert, not good on their advertising.

for me a pair is 16pound plus 10 del so all up around 26pounds for two. is the difference in their exclusive the way express dairy is writen compared to the ones rails/hattons and others have

Same for the milk train postage is the same even though it is a much heavier parcel, same it has one of those funny looking engines on the front :P

bart

1936ace

Hi all, with the milk wagon quantities now acheived i have read via wiki that they were hauled by 52 or other express locos.
what sort of speed did these express milk trains run at
thanks bart

EtchedPixels

Passenger speed. The tankers where XP rated

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

1936ace

Thanks mate I knew ran fast but not realised they were rated at full passenger speeds
Bart

EtchedPixels

75mph was the limit until 1966. In 1966 this was revised to 60mph loaded and 50mph unladen following a derailment in 1964. The investigation then concluded that the wagon had left plain track due to a mix of the speed, track and potential instabilities in the wagons at that speed.

Empties were limited to 50mph (they tended to bounce) but were routinely run a bit over that if behind a Western  (Western's have an aversion to 50mph)

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

EtchedPixels

Train lengths btw varied but the in the late 1960s the Kensington - Whitland empties could be up to about 50 tankers !

Alan

1936ace

Thanks Al
Wow 50 in one train that's heaps. I assume that there would two runs per day so I was thinking a train could drop off say 8 empties and pick the full ones and head to town to the MLB and once emptied head back to repeat in the evening.
Barr

Karhedron

The length of milk trains varied enormously because they tended to pick up tankers en-route. Simmilarly the empties would drop them off in reverse order. If you are modelling near the country end of the run, you can justifiably have just a few tankers behind a large loco. The Penzance to Kensington milk train was a perfect example as this train normally rated a Castle in the summer months yet would normally be just 2 tanks plus a brake coach between Penzance and St Erth.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations