Feedback about the forum

Started by guest2, December 01, 2012, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belated

I changed the Notification on my profile, thanks for that.  :) Whilst I was there I looked to edit a couple of other things on the profile but I need a password but it won't let me bcause I don't have a password!   :-\  Slight impasse there.  How do I retrieve  password I've never set. please?

John
Sorry to be such a dunce.
:-[
John

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Bealman

Thanks for that point of information, Tank. Actually. I like getting the emails.... makes me feel wanted! This is a great forum and a credit to you and your team. I live a long, long away from my home country but am a railway modeller from way back. This forum keeps me in touch!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

Quote from: Belated on March 28, 2013, 10:06:22 AM
I changed the Notification on my profile, thanks for that.  :) Whilst I was there I looked to edit a couple of other things on the profile but I need a password but it won't let me bcause I don't have a password!   :-\  Slight impasse there.  How do I retrieve  password I've never set. please?

John
Sorry to be such a dunce.
:-[

That'll be the password for your account that you log in with.  Let me know if you still have a problem. :thumbsup:

Belated

John

Jeff McGhie

Been getting a server busy message when clicking on the unread topic link around 22:00 that last few nights. not an issue but thought I'd flag it up incase it hadn't been logged elsewhere.

Newportnobby

Thanks for letting us know, Jeff.
I got it a couple of times yesterday but went to "Show unread posts since last visit" and all was fine

Newportnobby

Having the same problem today and there just aren't many folks logged in ???

scotsoft

I have not encountered any problems like that  :confused2:

daveg

Me neither but must confess haven't been online much - away house hunting.

Dave G

Pengi

Quote from: newportnobby on May 26, 2013, 01:51:38 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Jeff.
I got it a couple of times yesterday but went to "Show unread posts since last visit" and all was fine

I've had the error a couple of times now since the "Show all unread posts" facility was introduced

Pengi

just got the error now.

The server's resources are temporarily under too high a demand to find all the topics you have not read.

davieb

Quote from: Pengi on May 27, 2013, 08:06:49 PM
just got the error now.

The server's resources are temporarily under too high a demand to find all the topics you have not read.

Same here  :doh:

dave  :thumbsup:

Tank

Thanks all.  The 'server load' is quite high at the moment.  I've told the powers that be, so hopefully we can find the problem.

Tank

Bit of progress:-  The company who run the server have told me that a member with a certain IP Address is opening a lot of connections to the server.  I'm sure this is not malicious, as the member has made a good number of knowledgeable posts.  This however seems to be the reason for the slowness at times.  The host has had to ban them for now, but I hope to resolve this soon!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations