Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamie+

Great to see you had a brilliant day @daffy Mike, we don't get many airshows up here in the North West, the one that used to be at RAF Woodvale is no more, because of mainly moaning local's (Money talks) and the one they have at Blackpool is a bit pointless for two reason's, 1, They can't fly too close to the sea front and 2, it's nearly always cloudy and raining lol. Seriously it is a good show when you can get to see them and i just wish there was more of them. 

Great photo by the way. And the one of the Chipmunk.  :thumbsup:

tutenkhamunsleeping

dannyboy

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on May 25, 2017, 08:28:58 AM
Wishing all NGF members a happy towel day 8)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_Day

Are you trying to rub us up the wrong way - can't beat a good rub with a towel  :thumbsup:. My towel will come into use tonight when I have my birthday bath.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Steamie+

Quote from: dannyboy on May 25, 2017, 08:54:47 AM
Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on May 25, 2017, 08:28:58 AM
Wishing all NGF members a happy towel day 8)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_Day

Are you trying to rub us up the wrong way - can't beat a good rub with a towel  :thumbsup:. My towel will come into use tonight when I have my birthday bath.  :beers:

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laughabovepost:

Gary Burcombe

they said we would find ex Halton apprentices everywhere and here is no exception.  What entry were you Tom?  I was a 140 and I wonder how many more are on here.  To add to Mike's son's experience, I only ever got to have go with controls on two flying aircraft.  A light aircraft (I don't know the name of it) and  a Tornado GR1.

The Q

While Training at RAF Locking I got a flight in a Chipmunk at Filton, One of My proudest boast is we overtook Concorde In a Chipmunk....

We were flying straight and level over the grass down one side of the runway, While Concorde was taxiing down the runway.

When we came back later Concorde was parked and I presume strapped down because her engines were singeing the grass somewhat...

JBQFC

Quote from: JBQFC on December 22, 2016, 12:58:06 PM
Quote from: JBQFC on October 24, 2016, 07:54:28 PM
Quote from: JBQFC on October 23, 2016, 07:31:52 PM
done my first bit of modeling since june starting to feel better hope to get good news off the doctor tomorrow  :bounce:

Doctor said that as my colitis has cleared up a lot i can come off the steroids  :claphappy: this will take two months as i have been on them so long i have to reduce them slowly
my other med i will have to stay on to keep the colitis at bay hopefully   
will be pleased to be off the steroids at they stop me from sleeping and i am tired and hyper at the same ?  :bounce:

i am now off the steroids and been to see my consultant today he is happy with my progress and will be staying off the steroids :claphappy:
he has told me to watch what i eat over Christmas and a void food that can cause me trouble  as my blood test show that they is still inflammation in my bowels so could trigger a flare up

well had a bit of a blip in march but things are still going good   :claphappy:

RailGooner

Newportnobby

Quote from: JBQFC on June 06, 2017, 07:23:38 PM

well had a bit of a blip in march but things are still going good   :claphappy:

Good to hear that. Keep up the good work

Steamie+

Great to hear members recovering from illness's..I hope you can now enjoy your modelling JBQFC.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

violets49

Surprisingly enough, Air displays always cost a lot less than wars! And tend to be more popular with the public who, for some odd reason find a display by the Red Arrows more entertaing and better value for money than dropping bombs on some foreign Johnnies!

JBQFC

Quote from: Steamie+ on June 07, 2017, 07:12:28 AM
Great to hear members recovering from illness's..I hope you can now enjoy your modelling JBQFC.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hoping to get some modeling done once i get the back log of all the jobs to do round the house out of the way  :claphappy:

Steamie+

Quote from: JBQFC on June 07, 2017, 07:38:35 PM
Quote from: Steamie+ on June 07, 2017, 07:12:28 AM

hoping to get some modeling done once i get the back log of all the jobs to do round the house out of the way  :claphappy:

Take your time with everything and you will soon be back to your best i am sure.  Happy Modelling JBQFC  :thumbsup:

RailGooner

:thumbsup: for the helpful soul who just took my order at Papa John's. Total was a few pence shy of £40. Thanks to their persistence, the third time they explained that orders over £40 qualified for a 40% discount, I finally got it and added a 39p dip. ??? Bingo, new total £24! :D

Steamie+

Quote from: RailGooner on June 10, 2017, 08:44:16 PM
:thumbsup: for the helpful soul who just took my order at Papa John's. Total was a few pence shy of £40. Thanks to their persistence, the third time they explained that orders over £40 qualified for a 40% discount, I finally got it and added a 39p dip. ??? Bingo, new total £24! :D

Brilliant  :claphappy: :claphappy:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations