Important Notice regarding the NGS Shop

Started by Mirrlees, October 26, 2014, 11:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirrlees

It is with regret that the committee has accepted the resignation of Carol Hansen as the Shop Manager.

The Shop is now not accepting any more orders and is effectively closed.  However, every effort will be made to process those orders already received.  While the Shop is closed, a stock take will be completed followed by the implementation of a new computer shop order processing system.

The Stand is not affected by the temporary closure of the shop.

Currently it is not known when it will be possible to re-open the Shop, but details will be given on the Website and announcements made in the earliest possible Journal/Newsletter.

In the interim we will be looking at introducing a temporary system for the processing the orders of Society wagon kits and Society RTR products. Details for the operation of this will also be provided on the Website once it has been organised and put in place.

In the meantime if you have any issues regarding Shop matters please contact Dave Baverstock, chairman@ngaugesociety.com.
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Michael Shillabeer

Is Carol ok?

She has done an amazing job for us and our Society.

I'd like to thank her for doing this, giving up her free time and large parts of her home to store stock.

Thank you Carol!

Best regards
Michael

Buzzard

Quote from: Michael Shillabeer on October 27, 2014, 06:02:48 AM
She has done an amazing job for us and our Society.
Agree with that and orders were always processed well within the target of 28 days.

Nigel

Bealman

Yes, obviously living were I do I don't know Carol personally, and I am a relatively new member. However, it is obvious that she was very professional in the role. The couple of items I have purchased arrived very promptly, even here at the Antipodes.

Best wishes to her for the future.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NeMo

I'd like to thank Carol and those working the NGS shop too. Amazing effort.  :thankyousign:

If clouds do have silver linings, then using this hiatus in shop business to stocktake and computerise the store will be very useful.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

GrahamB

Thanks to Carol and all her hard work.

As has already been stated, hope she is OK.

:thankyousign:
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

ThePurplePrimer

ooops

I have just this very moment finished signing up and paying for my NGS membership so I could order my first N gauge wagon kit  :doh:
... Rob

red_death

Rob

I suggest you submit your order anyway.  As Tim mentioned, it looks pretty feasible for us to run a temporary shop just selling the NGS RTR and kits range ie essentially what is already held via the stand.

Orders may take a few days longer than usual as we deal with all the logistics, but hopefully there will not be too much disruption on that side of things.

Cheers, Mike

(NGS Product Development Officer)

Western Exile

Thanks from me as well, Carol. I have ordered a fair amount from the shop and have been impressed with the service considering it's run in someone's free time.
(not Dr.) Al

PaulCheffus

Quote from: red_death on October 27, 2014, 10:32:26 AM
Rob

I suggest you submit your order anyway.  As Tim mentioned, it looks pretty feasible for us to run a temporary shop just selling the NGS RTR and kits range ie essentially what is already held via the stand.

Orders may take a few days longer than usual as we deal with all the logistics, but hopefully there will not be too much disruption on that side of things.

Cheers, Mike

(NGS Product Development Officer)

Hi

Does that include spare parts from the kits?

I would also like to echo the comments regarding Carol's well being.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

red_death

Hi Paul

The honest answer is I don't know, though I would have thought that it will be difficult to supply spare parts. We were always going to have to close the Shop for a period to enable a full stock take and implement the new shop IT system.

We will let everyone know once we have a clearer idea of what is going to be possible.

Cheers, Mike

EtchedPixels

I am always amazed she managed to run all of what she did at all, let alone for many years. I hope

I hope the society can find an appropriate way to thank her (and Ray) for their huge contributions.

Alan
(and if I can help with anything  do let me know)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bigric

I hope that I'm not speaking out of turn here , and I apologise sincerely  to anyone concerned if that is  the case , & if this is not correct information , BUT a few weeks ago I was chasing up an order from Modelmaster decals . In the course of the conversation the guy there & I were discussing obtaining decals from the NGS shop & he told me that Ray & Carol had been involved in a serious car accident , over the summer I think he said . They were both OK & were recovering . That may well have a bearing on delays & on the current situation , obviously not for me to say . Ric

Adam1701D

I would like to echo my best wishes to Carol an Ray. Their hard work for the NGS is much appreciated.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

daveg

Quote from: captainelectra on October 27, 2014, 09:44:47 PM
I would like to echo my best wishes to Carol an Ray. Their hard work for the NGS is much appreciated.

Hear, hear!

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations