"Forbidden" message when viewing topics

Started by DELETED, November 09, 2016, 09:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DELETED

Sorry, my computer went a bt slow and this got posted in another part of the forum.  Am about to correct...

I still get allot of 403 errors from NGF, but nothing like before.

Opera Browser?  I had to use it on raspblackberries years ago, terrible on them and glad to ditch it since as a browser.  It was so amazingly slow and never displayed things quite right.  I thought it had been ditched years ago but maybe not ???

DELETED

Oh man, what is it with this forum that keeps giving "forbidden" messages all the time?  It's the only place on the web I look which keeps turning this error up every time -from at least 3 different computers (and once when I visit the site, then I leave and an hour later I get the same error message again)!!!!???

Railwaygun

are you using a VPN? this always gives me odd error messages.
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Tank

Not on a VPN, just a shared server.

Quote from: RST on December 17, 2016, 01:56:28 AM
Oh man, what is it with this forum that keeps giving "forbidden" messages all the time?  It's the only place on the web I look which keeps turning this error up every time -from at least 3 different computers (and once when I visit the site, then I leave and an hour later I get the same error message again)!!!!???

What a pain.  Are others still having trouble?  ???

dannyboy

I agree with 'Only Me', there should be no need to hide ones activities when it comes to train matters ............. the fact that I paid for a Class 08 from ebay last night whilst SWMBO was in the bath was just a coincidence!  :worried:  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

zwilnik

Quote from: Tank on December 19, 2016, 02:42:31 PM
Not on a VPN, just a shared server.

Quote from: RST on December 17, 2016, 01:56:28 AM

What a pain.  Are others still having trouble?  ???

Yup, I use a VPN (not in private browsing mode), but was still getting it at random when viewing mobile away from wifi (so potentially random 3 mobile IP address).

It's the inaccurate "Your computer has been infected with a virus" message that's most annoying. It's a bit close to the fake virus killer stuff you get online. While it's possible that one of the computers that may have used that IP address in the past was a spammer or infected with a virus, it's a false positive stating that anyone who connects with that IP address is.

DELETED

Quote from: dannyboy on December 19, 2016, 03:58:14 PM
I agree with 'Only Me', there should be no need to hide ones activities when it comes to train matters ............. the fact that I paid for a Class 08 from ebay last night whilst SWMBO was in the bath was just a coincidence!  :worried:  ;)

....sorry, it's nothing to "hide" as such but something I have done for years ever since an account got hacked and left a bit of a mess afterwards.  Anything requiring a log-in anywhere gets done through private browsing amongst other things ever since.  Never been a problem before until I first posted here (and no problem anywhere else).  I just got blocked replying to a post also which is a first but of course hitting back deleted my entry LoL.  Perhaps I am being overly cautious, obviously latest ngaugeforum software 'tinternet just won't work with my out-dated philospohy now and I need to relax it a bit :doh:

Rich

DELETED

....And just to prove a point, I have tried to reply to my post about billboard adverts in the 80-90's 4 or 5 times now with normal browsing (like I am doing now) and all I get is "forbidden" when I hit preview or post :hmmm:
[mod]Lets discuss this via pm rather than grumbles :) we'll probably get further! Only Me [/mod]

DELETED

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=35650.0

With regards to the above thread I seem to be permanently "forbidden" whatever I try on any occasion from any PC.  Only to say it seems a little ignorant not to reply with at least a thankyou for the pointers.  I still get "forbidden" on lots of forum stuff -from any PC, but I'd like to get a message across somehow to that thread I've been trying to reply for weeks.  I thought it was because I was replying with pics but apparently not.

Cheers,

Rich

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations