what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip.

daveg

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 01, 2018, 04:47:04 PM
Quote from: Train Waiting on June 01, 2018, 03:24:56 PM
Cleaning the track.  A lovely smell of meths is permeating the train set room!

Ooooh. Look at the colours, man 8)

I thought that was the mushrooms!  :headbang:

Dave G

Malc

Or the wacky baccy.😃 so I am led to believe. Honest.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Caz

Spent the last couple of days making shunt disc signals for Claywell, fiddly but worth the effort for the end result.  They are fitted with red/green 0604 LED's.  See http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=6570.msg511803#msg511803 for more info
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Jerry Howlett

Having dismantled the old layout and moved to a new room it has been nearly 4 years since I ran anything.

Today I have driven the golden spike (well actually it was a Peco Track pin) into the outer loop.  So had the pleasure of running 2 x locos around and around and around etc... The difference was getting the hinged section to line up.

So @Hailstone you will be amazed to know that I finally got to run(1st time) and run in the Class 22 that I bought back in 2016, the TINGS Manor and the "bargain £19" Farish Warship that you repaired.  So for the Hydraulic fans out there the new layout was 100 % for 30 mins before the steamer was le t loose.

Also @Hailstone 's wonderful model of the 0-4-0 Trojan leapt around the layout like a racehorse but  when not watched was apt to stumble at any joint that was not 100% perfect.  I am sure it will behave at more scale 25 MPH.

So happy bunny today.  OK there is a wiring fault on a crossing but that's for tomorrow.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Caz

Nice one Jerry, it great to actually run a train, nothing like it to get your mojo back.  :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

Great news, Jerry. I trust you sank a couple of Peronis to celebrate?

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 22, 2018, 08:23:34 PM
Great news, Jerry. I trust you sank a couple of Peronis to celebrate?

Still swimming with them...

dannyboy

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on June 22, 2018, 04:14:00 PM
it has been nearly 4 years since I ran anything.

How did you cope with the withdrawal symptoms?   ??? . I only ask in case any other forumites find themselves in the same position.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: dannyboy on June 22, 2018, 09:07:47 PM

How did you cope with the withdrawal symptoms?   ??? . I only ask in case any other forumites find themselves in the same position.
Drink....    :pint: :pint: :pint:
It really was down to a lack of that Mojo stuff, the layout had stagnated and was finally kicked into life by Mrs "H" suggesting moving the whole lot into another room.  This has involved total destruction as it was built into a darkish cellar room, oh and the mice had moved into the tunnels!

The new layout room is light and part of the new extension, the down side is it is smaller but I have decided to scrap the 2 level as I found my Farish locos could not cope with even a 1:50 gradient.

Did keep my hand in with kits and bought a few (quite a few) unpainted Dapol wagons to do up.
Also my card addiction helped , I have more Scalescenes stuff than I can fit on the new layout. :D :D

Jerry

Bob Tidbury

I managed to get a Dummy class 57 Thunderbird to put on the front of my Pendo and it looked really good ,BUT the problem is it just didn't like being pulled along.
The Pendo goes into the center line of my fiddle yard which is bi directional so it can go in on the up line and back out on the down and it's too much of a fiddle to keep on changing the front panel and coupling on the power cars so I was going to use modelers licence and leave the Thunderbird on the one end ,but there is a slight height difference between the couplings it's fine pushing but uncouples when pulled .Its a real shame as it did look good ,there is a clip on the Facebook page if you want to see it as I can't seem to put one on here even though lots of people have tried to help me.
Bob Tidbury

Hailstone

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on June 23, 2018, 07:26:07 AM
Quote from: dannyboy on June 22, 2018, 09:07:47 PM

Drink....    :pint: :pint: :pint:
It really was down to a lack of that Mojo stuff, the layout had stagnated and was finally kicked into life by Mrs "H" suggesting moving the whole lot into another room.  This has involved total destruction as it was built into a darkish cellar room, oh and the mice had moved into the tunnels!

The new layout room is light and part of the new extension, the down side is it is smaller but I have decided to scrap the 2 level as I found my Farish locos could not cope with even a 1:50 gradient.

Did keep my hand in with kits and bought a few (quite a few) unpainted Dapol wagons to do up.
Also my card addiction helped , I have more Scalescenes stuff than I can fit on the new layout. :D :D

Jerry

I have never known you to be short of a drink or 3  :P

Regards,

Alex

Mash Can

After spending 3 winters working on a put away layout, which spent more time put away than played with, I have finally bitten the bullet and built myself a room to house it in permanently.
Unfortunately, I now find that the layout is too wide to use comfortably and with the extra room, too restrictive, so, at the moment, playing with my old layout for now and back to the drawing board for something a bit more ambitious and all the associated headaches.

Newportnobby

Thanks for the update and I look forward to seeing/hearing more about the new project

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations