Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Quote from: newportnobby on March 25, 2017, 04:31:48 AM
Quote from: daffy on March 24, 2017, 10:57:04 PM

PS - the word I have self-censored in this post is 'very'. I used the censored emoticon purely to convey just how 'very', without having to type ' very, very, very, very ' three times.

But you've typed 'very' 6 times in that post :confused1: :dunce:

Darn it! >:( Hoist by my own petard and exposed by a night owl! :(

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

austinbob

Quote from: escafeld on March 25, 2017, 10:04:58 AM
Quote from: Sprintex on March 25, 2017, 09:42:43 AM

Back to being mildly 'Unhappy' please.

But I was happy before you posted that and now you want me to be unhappy  :(
OMG my brain hurts!!! Time for another cuppa.
??? :confused2: :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Sprintex

Quote from: austinbob on March 25, 2017, 09:56:37 AM
Quote from: broadsword on March 25, 2017, 09:51:32 AM
How about a " foaming at the mouth thread" then people could
swap insults without offending the rest of the forum.
I suggested a similar 'Rant' thread.
Whether you call it 'Foaming at the mouth' or 'Rant' thread you could post your frustrations into this thread, or have them moved to the thread by the mods.
People who don't want to read them could Filter them out in their profile.
Happy days -  :) :beers:

So what do you think the Angry Thread is for then if it's not having a rant?? ::)

As for swapping insults, if you find that sort of thing amusing then kindly find another forum to do so.

Quote from: escafeld on March 25, 2017, 10:04:58 AM
Quote from: Sprintex on March 25, 2017, 09:42:43 AM

Back to being mildly 'Unhappy' please.

But I was happy before you posted that and now you want me to be unhappy  :(

Of course I don't want you to be unhappy, I just don't want to be wasting finger-energy moving posts from here to the Happy Thread :D

Paul

austinbob

Quote from: Sprintex on March 25, 2017, 10:18:30 AM
Quote from: austinbob on March 25, 2017, 09:56:37 AM
Quote from: broadsword on March 25, 2017, 09:51:32 AM
How about a " foaming at the mouth thread" then people could
swap insults without offending the rest of the forum.
I suggested a similar 'Rant' thread.
Whether you call it 'Foaming at the mouth' or 'Rant' thread you could post your frustrations into this thread, or have them moved to the thread by the mods.
People who don't want to read them could Filter them out in their profile.
Happy days -  :) :beers:

So what do you think the Angry Thread is for then if it's not having a rant?? ::)

As for swapping insults, if you find that sort of thing amusing then kindly find another forum to do so.

Ouch!!!  :o
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Steamie+

All I said that I was unhappy about the way work are dealing with me. I don,t want to tell everyone what caused it in every detail, but I never said anybody on this forum are money grabbing and I don,t think I implied it either. Has for  being in a clique that is one of the reasons I don,t go on the site that is full of cliques.

Think it's about time I stopped posting on here and just read some of the posts that interest me.

I will continue to support the forum in any way I can, I am hoping to do that at the little meet NPN and I are trying to set up.

Happy Modelling all.

Nick

Great Scott! (I think that's safe, but perhaps not.) What a needless fuss.

As the person who inadvertently triggered this maelstrom, I'd just like to point out that the word that the :censored: emoji/smiley was standing in for in my post was very considerably milder than the word that @escafeld assumed I was hiding. I could probably have typed it. We don't all think the same way.

Which only goes to show how much trouble can be caused by making assumptions.

If I can, I am now going to unsubscribe from the Discussion threads and stick to the modelling topics. They are what I'm here for.
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

Steamie+

Agree with the above post by Nick. :thumbsup:

broadsword

The voice of reason !  If there are arguments on the forum they should be
about really important matters, like is real ale over-rated ?

Sprintex

I've already asked politely for the matter to be dropped, and now come the "But sir . . . " excuses and the "I agree with so-and-so" posts.

Maybe if people thought a bit more BEFORE they posted certain things about how they might come across we wouldn't need to be having this discussion?

END OF DEBATE

Paul

daffy

Quote from: broadsword on March 25, 2017, 10:41:33 AM

Yes. :thumbsup:  To both points. :)

But then I am REALLY unhappy cos some years ago I discovered I was allergic (seriously) to all such alchohol, real or.... er.... unreal. >:(

:D :D :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

broadsword

[quote author=daffy link=topic=29358.msg437508#msg437508 date=1490438

But then I am REALLY unhappy cos some years ago I discovered I was allergic (seriously) to all such alchohol, real or.... er.... unreal. >:(
[/quote]

Now that's a suitable topic, sadly... :(

Jimbo

Quote from: daffy on March 25, 2017, 10:49:18 AM

I think I know how you might feel, I haven't had it diagnosed but I've been avoiding (Sometimes unsuccessfully) bread for some Months now as it has a detrimental affect which I won't describe........had one pint of real ale not so long ago which I enjoy very occasionally and the next day!....Well, you can imagine! I suspect it may be a yeast intolerance that seems to have developed, as I said still to be diagnosed though, the symptoms only last for a full day if I just drink water until the evening then i'm fine but what a palaver it is! Avoiding bread especially is a lot harder than I thought!  :worried: (The odd Jim Beam is ok though!  :whistle:)
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Steamie+

Quote from: Jimbo on March 25, 2017, 11:37:50 AM
Quote from: daffy on March 25, 2017, 10:49:18 AM

I think I know how you might feel, I haven't had it diagnosed but I've been avoiding (Sometimes unsuccessfully) bread for some Months now as it has a detrimental affect which I won't describe........had one pint of real ale not so long ago which I enjoy very occasionally and the next day!....Well, you can imagine! I suspect it may be a yeast intolerance that seems to have developed, as I said still to be diagnosed though, the symptoms only last for a full day if I just drink water until the evening then i'm fine but what a palaver it is! Avoiding bread especially is a lot harder than I thought!  :worried: (The odd Jim Beam is ok though!  :whistle:)

Yeast the main ingredient of the elixir of life....  :hmmm:  Jack Daniels or any Bourbon for me Jimbo...   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

daffy

Hi Jimbo, sorry to hear that, but like you I have problems with bread (both the baked stuff and the other dough ;) )
I don't know how extensive your reaction to bread is, but mine started years ago with white bread and other white flour breads (granary, so called 'brown bread' and others), and of course cakes and the like.

However, I have discovered that wholemeal bread is not always a problem. I say 'not always' because a lot of wholemeal breads also contain wheat flour ofbthe standard refined (white) kind, so these are problematic. At present the only loaf I can eat with zero problems is Allinson Classic, but then they have just changed the wrapper so maybe the recipe has changed to. Time will tell.

Anyway, the point is, I have had to spend a long time - years in fact - finding what I can and cannot eat, and with all the additives and complex recipes in all food these days it's a darned minefield.

With your ale problem it does sound like a yeast intolerance, but you need an expert diagnosis as yeast and yeast extract is put in all manner of things these days, some you would not expect.

As for your favourite tipple, most of the yeast from fermentation is lost in the distilling processes. If it does prove a problem in time you will just have to move to gin and vodka, which are yeast free. :)

Bon chance, mon ami. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

joe cassidy

I went "gluten free" for about one year.

It was OK - I lost about 5kg.

The only problem was eating "on the hoof" - difficult to make a sandwich with rice !

Best regards,

Joe

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations