Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

If you were with Vodaphone it was probably the best thing to do with it. :laugh:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

Now come on peoples - this is not funny, it is a sad day and bear in mind, it could happen to any one of us..........Well those of us who go chucking live grenades about  :-X
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

acko22

I would have offered to take a picture of what is left but well.... it was a camera phone so....... yeah that's not going to happen!!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Malc

Any possibility of claiming under warranty?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

steve836

I doubt it. I,m sure the makers would claim improper use, or some such trumped up excuse.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

daffy

Quote from: Malc on October 07, 2016, 12:00:49 PM
Any possibility of claiming under warranty?

Yes, something like:

"Dear Samsung, are you aware that your exploding battery problem may not be limited to the latest models?"

As long as they don't check the remnants you send in for TNT residues you might get away with it. ;)

Or not. :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

zwilnik

Quote from: acko22 on October 06, 2016, 07:05:45 PM
Bugger, balls and  :censored:

I have literally blown my sodding phone up with a grenade!! Long story but doing live house clearance range as safety staff and I forgot my phone in one of the houses and well grenade V a Samsung Galaxy S5 I can now say exclusively say that while they don't explode on charging, they don't react to explosions well either!!

You made it safe with a controlled explosion ;)

Skyline2uk

Well this morning has been fun for the future Mrs Skyline...

Had a series of texts saying her Rover Mini has thrown up an oil warning light and "isn't well".

We have suspected gearbox is not long for this world and she is now concerned she has pushed her too far.

Booked in first thing tomorrow morning, so when the bill lands an entry into the angry thread may be happening.

I said all along old cars (especially those made by Rover with whatever was left in the factory in 2001) are a sure fire way to pain when used as every day transport.

Skyline2uk

Sprintex

I've heard quite a few horror stories about the appalling quality of the final run of Minis, almost as if it was "get them out the door at any cost". Someone in the club I belonged to bought a year 2000 Sportpack Cooper and decided to waxoyl inside the wheel arches to protect it. On removing the front wheels he was astounded to find the underside of the wings was in primer with not even any topcoat!  :goggleeyes: And this on a car with no plastic arch-liners like modern cars have, so subject to muck, road salt and everything else chucked up by the tyres!

Paul

RailGooner

Quote from: acko22 on October 06, 2016, 07:05:45 PM
Bugger, balls and  :censored:

I have literally blown my sodding phone up with a grenade!! Long story but doing live house clearance range as safety staff and I forgot my phone in one of the houses and well grenade V a Samsung Galaxy S5 I can now say exclusively say that while they don't explode on charging, they don't react to explosions well either!!

:laughabovepost:
If you're quick, you could get a Samsung Note 7 as a replacement. They blow up without having to resort to grenades!  :D

RailGooner

Quote from: Sprintex on October 13, 2016, 02:25:55 PM
I've heard quite a few horror stories about the appalling quality of the final run of Minis, almost as if it was "get them out the door at any cost". Someone in the club I belonged to bought a year 2000 Sportpack Cooper and decided to waxoyl inside the wheel arches to protect it. On removing the front wheels he was astounded to find the underside of the wings was in primer with not even any topcoat!  :goggleeyes: And this on a car with no plastic arch-liners like modern cars have, so subject to muck, road salt and everything else chucked up by the tyres!

Paul
Go house hunting in Cowley today and you'll still find rooms decorated in exotic colours such as Aqua, Sunburst Yellow, Oasis Green, Safari Beige. Friends who worked at Cowley in the British Leyland era, have told of how they would 'lift' tins of car paint to decorate their homes. This was seen as a perk of the job. To avoid the bean counters questioning why more paint was being used, less was applied to the product! :o

Ian Bowden

Morning planned installing sound chips.First up blue pullman, sucessfully installed one end after 4 prayers and a blood sacrifice to the carpet god. First chip produced a fizzing sound and authentic exhaust smell. Continued to fit second chip everything fine until bogey came off. crawl around issuing the incantation "oh dear" and finally find parts. then body wont fit, cut away part if toilet compartment to fit speaker. All ok and running fine-ish.
As no chip for other end of pullman start on deltic. Comes apart easily (in my experience a bad omen). fitted chip with little problem just had to trim the top of the cab end slightly. As there is little room for speaker I fitted a minature speaker. Again no difficulty and it should fit in roof :hmmm: first test it worked but I could barely hear the sound. Oh well plan B cut part of body to fit speaker, need full strip down for that and there is already a suspect connection to the motor due to a slip with screwdriver. One chip fitted one blown and one partly working a good morning.

Skyline2uk

Re this:

Quote from: Skyline2uk on October 13, 2016, 09:30:58 AM

Had a series of texts saying her Rover Mini has thrown up an oil warning light and "isn't well".

We have suspected gearbox is not long for this world and she is now concerned she has pushed her too far.

Booked in first thing tomorrow morning, so when the bill lands an entry into the angry thread may be happening.

I said all along old cars (especially those made by Rover with whatever was left in the factory in 2001) are a sure fire way to pain when used as every day transport.

Skyline2uk

£2200.00

:headbutt:

That is all

Skyline2uk

daveg

Quote from: Skyline2uk on November 08, 2016, 12:19:47 PM

Re this:

Quote from: Skyline2uk on October 13, 2016, 09:30:58 AM

Skyline2uk

£2200.00

:headbutt:

That is all

Skyline2uk

Ouch!

Difficult to judge when a car is past fixing but that's gonna hurt.

Dave G

Skyline2uk

Any other car I would have scrapped.

But this one has actually gone up in value since we got it (not enough to cover that cost but hey) and the Mrs-to-be really loves it.

Plus, the case for my Revolution 92s is a slam-dunk now, THEY shouldn't decide to fire their oil pump through their own gearbox....(fingers crossed anyway).

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations