Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: Mito on April 14, 2016, 09:55:34 PM
The same in this part of the world. Having seen my GP in February, I was phoned by the cardiology department in our local hospital to tell me that I had an appointment in November, there was no date earlier than this. A friend of mine who has a non working valve amongst other things has to wait until December.

Blimey! :o
I don't think things are as bad as that here :-\

Dorsetmike

Things seem a bit better here "dahn sarf" my GP practice have 7 doctors covering two locations, surgeries morning and afternoon at both places, even an evening surgery Thursdays and early morning Tuesday from 0700.

I had blood for tests taken on Wednesday this week and have a docs appointment for results next Wednesday. Just hope the rapid response to the tests is not bad news.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Ozymandias

Humph. Just spent three months getting settled in my new flat, the landlord comes round on Friday and gaily announces that he's selling up and I have to find somewhere else to live.

Really annoying - it's a perfect flat and not too expensive. :( Maybe this should be in the angry thread. >:(
"Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair!"

Newportnobby

What a charmer he is, Gideon ::)
What notice has he given for you to find somewhere?

zwilnik

Quote from: Ozymandias on April 18, 2016, 03:39:02 PM
Humph. Just spent three months getting settled in my new flat, the landlord comes round on Friday and gaily announces that he's selling up and I have to find somewhere else to live.

Really annoying - it's a perfect flat and not too expensive. :( Maybe this should be in the angry thread. >:(

I've had that happen to me before too. It's bloody annoying.

Ozymandias

Thanks guys! :)

I should be able to find somewhere else - I could just do without the hassle and extra expense of moving again. Just as long as it's got a garage for Charlotte the Mini, a spare room for my kids and space for my trains... ;)

Malc

Tell him you are a sitting tenant and are staying put, but if he makes the right offer, you might consider moving.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Mito

Quote from: Malc on April 18, 2016, 04:42:37 PM
Tell him you are a sitting tenant and are staying put, but if he makes the right offer, you might consider moving.

I agree with that. I don't think he can throw you out. If he wants to sell he's got to include the sitting tenant. Stick in there and let him buy you out.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

paulprice

Quote from: Ozymandias on April 18, 2016, 03:39:02 PM

Bloody landlords

Ozymandias

I'm three months into a six-month contract - but he'd made it pretty plain that he was hoping for a long-term tenant when I first moved in.

I've got three months to find somewhere, so it could be a lot worse - just a pain!

MrDobilina

Quote from: Ozymandias on April 19, 2016, 10:06:30 AM
I'm three months into a six-month contract - but he'd made it pretty plain that he was hoping for a long-term tenant when I first moved in.

I've got three months to find somewhere, so it could be a lot worse - just a pain!

I think you need to read this before making plans

http://www.landlordlawblog.co.uk/2013/07/25/four-ironclad-rights-tenants-have-if-their-landlord-wants-to-sell-their-property/

zwilnik

If anything it's a benefit to your landlord to have a sitting tennant. Means that if anyone's buying it to let, they've got income from day one.

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: Ozymandias on April 19, 2016, 10:06:30 AM

Rough luck, Ozymandias. I have had to move a number of times in the last few years, once because of a situation similar to yours, and I know it is absolutely no fun.

And I would consider asking the landlord to help defray your moving costs as compensation for forcing you to move, or imply that you might be less willing to go easily ;)

Whatever ends up happening, I hope you find a new place you like even more (perhaps with more train space?) and that the moving process isn't too dreadful :/
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

MrDobilina

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on April 22, 2016, 12:11:32 PM
to help defray your moving costs fund your model railway addiction as compensation
FTFY  :P

Ozymandias

Quote from: MrDobilina on April 22, 2016, 12:19:20 PM
Quote from: N-Gauge-US on April 22, 2016, 12:11:32 PM
to help defray your moving costs fund your model railway addiction as compensation
FTFY  :P

:laughabovepost:

Very true..! Thanks for all the words of support, guys. :)

I'm kind of resigned to moving now, but trying to view it as the chance to find somewhere even better, with room for the GWR (Gideon's Wildly-overambitious Railway) which is languishing in the garage at former home.

Rents are pretty hideous round my way - I shall just have to restore and sell a lot more locos! ;)

Onwards and upwards!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations