The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: Gary Burcombe on February 16, 2017, 08:25:55 PM
I listen to Martin Lewis, Money saving expert an awful lot.

Living in Ireland, I do not get to hear him, but I get his regular emails. There is usually not a lot of use to me directly, but plenty of good advice. I will post a link if anyone wants it.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

acko22

Well finally home just wow is the only word I can use on here.

Got the train from barracks the usual route through London and paid the normal price £73 so nothing new there leaving at 2pm.
Well got into London and crossed over to Euston for the 4pm train, then bang Virgin trains won't let me on!!!!
If you get a virgin train from London East or west coast they have made anything from 3pm to 7pm a peak service and won't accept railcards even HM Forces ones so all of a sudden that £73 now becomes £284!!!!!!!!! Now as you can imagine I was less than happy and refused to pay that at that price I can fly from Southampton to Manchester and back saving £100.

Now here is the the best bit, if I was travelling the opposite way back to work into London it's off peak so I am been penalised for setting off on my outbound journey at an off peak time and making my connection at a Virginstow made up peak times.

And they wonder why people drive when rail companies are ripping people off so brazenly and when I  complained virgin said blame south west trains and I came sure you can guess what south west say.
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

red_death

Should have come and met Ben and I for a pint on your way through London! We were just at Kings X.

Cheers, M

acko22

Quote from: red_death on February 17, 2017, 12:02:42 AM
Should have come and met Ben and I for a pint on your way through London! We were just at Kings X.

Cheers, M

:censored:

If I knew that it could have been a repeat of last time, although tilting train when tipsy never a good combo!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Ian Bowden

Quote from: Gary Burcombe on February 16, 2017, 08:25:55 PM
I listen to Martin Lewis, Money saving expert an awful lot.  In his opinion they are not "smart" enough to save the consumer money.  And a fact is that the government didn't legislate the meters and they are not compatable between the energy suppliers, thus, although you are free to switch, they might get awkward about the meters.
the latest meters have to be compatible. True early meters differed from supplier to supplier, now they must all be compatible.

Steamie+

Quote from: austinbob on February 16, 2017, 03:53:46 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here. I've had a smart meter for several years and the installation was free and painless with the engineer arriving exactly as promised.
I haven't had my computer hacked, personal details stolen, bank accounts raided or little gnomes and fairies creeping through my letter box to poisen my cornflakes.
The information it provides, whilst not mind blowingly wonderful or essential, has proved useful in locating when and what is consuming power and when the grand children have left things switched on unecessarily.
Just my 2 pennies worth. Oh and switch those lights off...
:) :beers:

Aren't these smart meters supposed to switch off things for you, or do you still have to get up off you favourite chair and do it yourself.     :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jimbo

Quote from: acko22 on February 16, 2017, 11:02:23 PM
Well finally home just wow is the only word I can use on here.

Got the train from barracks the usual route through London and paid the normal price £73 so nothing new there leaving at 2pm.
Well got into London and crossed over to Euston for the 4pm train, then bang Virgin trains won't let me on!!!!
If you get a virgin train from London East or west coast they have made anything from 3pm to 7pm a peak service and won't accept railcards even HM Forces ones so all of a sudden that £73 now becomes £284!!!!!!!!! Now as you can imagine I was less than happy and refused to pay that at that price I can fly from Southampton to Manchester and back saving £100.

Now here is the the best bit, if I was travelling the opposite way back to work into London it's off peak so I am been penalised for setting off on my outbound journey at an off peak time and making my connection at a Virginstow made up peak times.

And they wonder why people drive when rail companies are ripping people off so brazenly and when I  complained virgin said blame south west trains and I came sure you can guess what south west say.

That is disgusting!  :veryangry: That's a fine way to thank you for your service! HM forces personnel should be treated with more respect than that....sorry to hear that! 😩
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Newportnobby

To my mind services personnel should get concessionary fares anyway.
Hope Beardyman is happy :veryangry:

Newportnobby

One or more of the inmates from the local prison must have escaped 'cos I have been woken from my slumbers by the police helicopter hovering over the area, drifting away and then returning. Once awake I find it very hard to get back to sleep :veryangry: :sleep:

Bealman

They've found out where you live, Mick  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Steamie+

Quote from: newportnobby on February 27, 2017, 02:51:17 AM
One or more of the inmates from the local prison must have escaped 'cos I have been woken from my slumbers by the police helicopter hovering over the area, drifting away and then returning. Once awake I find it very hard to get back to sleep :veryangry: :sleep:

Same every morning for me Mick.. :thumbsdown:

javlinfaw7

I live next to a major hospital air ambulances over the house at all hours night and day , you do get used to it.  Fortunately the larger air see rescue helicopters are now diverted to a heliport half a mile away, pictures attached show previous ASR Seakings first from back garden approaching the hospital , next from the front garden landing on the hospital roof , both taken with a 300mm lens

paulprice

Without seeming a snob, why does a certain class off people (more specifically the female variety) , who have obviously never worked a day in their lives think its tolerable if their contribution to society should be to shriek or bellow at the top of the voices so that, the more civilised members of society are constantly reminded of their existence??

To say one of them this morning, as I left for work had a voice you could hear over 3 fields (Sheffield, Wakefield and Huddersfield) was an understatement,

joe cassidy

I know it's not politically correct but I have observed over a number of years that people from certain countries/regions talk louder than British people and people from France north of the river Loire.

(I'm trying to help you out Paul).

Best regards,

Joe

javlinfaw7

I regularly through my work meet a number of people who cannot form a sentence without three or four expletives . One young lady , swore roughly every second word but totally unaware that this was unusual , out with her loud  unusual language she was a pleasant normal young person . It makes me wonder where thing went wrong

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations