What is a .sudro file?

Started by Tdm, September 14, 2015, 12:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

Many images used by "AnyRail" software are .sudro file types.

Anyrail can open them, but not found any other s/ware that will also open them, are they specific to AnyRail only?

The reason I ask is I would like to use some of the images, if I could, elsewhere.

Have done a search on the Internet on "sudro", but it doesn't tell me anything. 

MikeDunn

2nd hit came back with the Anyrail forum, this question, and the answer ...

It's an internally-used extension so no, nothing else opens them.

Trainfish

You can always do a screen grab and save them as jpg files or similar
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Ditape

Anyrail gives you the option to save the file as a jpeg I can't remember now but I think it is an option when you click save as. I have used this in the past to save layout sections and then join them in paintshop.
Diane Tape

Sprintex

I did that too although joined them together in MS Paint, gets around the 50 pieces of track limit of the free version :D

You go into File - Export As - JPEG image :thumbsup:

Paul

MalcolmInN

Easier to use SCARM ?
gives you .BMP picture files
freeware, no limiation
Mixy is member of this forum and frequent visitor
very helpful here and via email ( and facebook if you are into that sort of thing :( ! )

No need to go circumventing other stuffs !!

Sprintex

It may be free with no limitations but it definitely is NOT easier to use than Anyrail ;)

Paul

Newportnobby

I agree that us tight wads are better off with SCARM which is free, unless you want to be limited to 50 pieces.
Nice to know AnyRail can be exported to another format though.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Sprintex on September 15, 2015, 05:19:37 AM
It may be free with no limitations but it definitely is NOT easier to use than Anyrail ;)
That was a rhetorical question-mark that I used, cos I knew someone would disagree about ease of use  :D
I'll send my chum NPN round to show you how easy it is !

But the main thing to me is the bit I did in bold cos I think Mixy is a good fella :) and should be supported.

Newportnobby

Quote from: MalcolmAL on September 15, 2015, 10:07:12 AM

I think you missed the 'p' off chum, Malcolm :-[

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on September 15, 2015, 10:10:56 AM
Quote from: MalcolmAL on September 15, 2015, 10:07:12 AM
I think you missed the 'p' off chum, Malcolm :-[
:laughabovepost:  :laughabovepost: Oh yes !! so I did  :laugh3:  :smiley-laughing:

But akshirly I am neutral on the "ease of use" thing, cos that is very much personal  and not necessarily a fault of any particular software. All depends on the pathways in a brain.

Tdm

I use both Scarm and the full (paid for) Any Rail version.

I wanted to export a drawing from one to the other, but a .sudro file won't let you open it or copy & paste it.

Taking a screen print won't work either for what I wanted to do.

Both Scarm & AnyRail have their Merits & Limitations which I have mentioned before in another Thread. The main advantage for me with Scarm is the 3D facility, but IMHO AnyRail is easier to use and has a Library of loco images you can place on your drawing (although less N gauge than other gauges).

It would be nice to be able to copy bits of one into the other, which is what I wanted to do.
Thanks for your replies though - if you don't ask you never get to know.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations