Mk3 coaches to match to dapol hst

Started by 1936ace, April 07, 2012, 06:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Sorry if ive posted this in the wrong spot. But does anyone know when the extra mk3 coaches to match the book sets by dapol for theitr hst are due. Im after the blue/grey hst ones. And what was to usual consist for a hst in the uk. here our xpt usually has 6 coaches going to 7 in holiday season for the qld and victoria runs with only 5 for the west nsw

Sprintex

Quote from: 1936ace on April 07, 2012, 06:26:36 AM
Sorry if ive posted this in the wrong spot.

"N Gauge Discussion" probably would have been better  ;)

Typical formation given restrictions on what is likely to be released in N gauge is:-

43xxx-FO-FO-RFM-SO-SO-SO-SO-TGS-43xxx

That's two First Class, Buffet, four Second Class and a Trailer Guards Second (class)

No idea when they will be released as I have more than enough Farish coaches and therefore haven't taken much interest in Dapol's coaches, but usually they come out in batches and you have to pre-order to guarantee getting them! Hattons have the SO and Buffet available for pre-order, nothing showing for FO and TGS though  :-\

For HST use it's the ones without buffers you need  :thumbsup:

Paul

Dr Al

I have one Blue Grey Mk3 for sale in the for sale section (bought one too many - d'oh!).

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

scruff

Only one first class coach was correct for the sets allocated to north east- south west routes for a long while.

Mark

njee20

There's been plenty of discussion from Dapol on the remaining coaches, I think the latest is that the tooling for the RFM (which is generic for all HSTs, so will technically be slightly innacurate for some of the liveries) is complete and they'll be finished 'shortly' - which seems to mean any time in the next couple of years!

I believe TGSs are further behind, but they continue to promise they'll do them!

Comment above on pre-ordering is probably sensible!

scruff

Last thing I saw from Dapol Dave was april delivery for the buffet cars and october for the TGS. I think these dates may have slipped a little though and other people may have more up to date news than me.

cheers

Mark

bluedepot

anyone know where can you pre oder the buffet and tgs? i don't see them on any online shops.

cheers

tim

guest311

Hattons have the buffet for preorder, no mention anywhere yet that I've seen of Dapol even producing TGS.

certainly not seen anything on the Dapol N news, and not for preorder at Hattons

alan

scruff

Quote: Dave Jones of Dapol wrote elsewhere,

"i'll be starting work on the TGS sometime next week so i expect maybe either NG show at Leamington at the earliest or Warley at the latest."

This was when he was asked about a release date for the TGS on the 2nd march this year.

Pictures of painted buffet cars are also on RMweb, taken at the Ally Pally show last month.

Cheers

Mark

bluedepot

cheers

i have pre ordered a mk3 buffet now

tim

Shaun Harvey

I've given up waiting and have got some coaches of ebay - just 2 more and I have the 7 I need!

OwL

Quote from: Shaun Harvey on April 17, 2012, 11:13:11 PM
I've given up waiting and have got some coaches of ebay - just 2 more and I have the 7 I need!

Was wondering what livery you are after?

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

1936ace

I pre ordered two different ones from hattons not which type just got the mk3 noi buffers for hst as i just wanted a four coach hst for the young one
bart

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations