The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamB

Quote from: Bikeracer on September 30, 2017, 08:51:50 AM
Skoda Kodiaq has a new idea to stop doors causing damage, when the door opens a rubber protector comes out to protect the edge of the door and stop it causing damage.

Of course this doesn't stop other cars causing you damage, but if other manufacturers followed suite it would help to keep paint damage down.

Allan
It's not a new idea. I've got it on my Ford Focus.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Bealman

Nothing much is different here. For some reason, most of the general public do not understand that road rules apply to shopping centre carparks.

And the speed!

No indicators, swing in quick, etc. Walking to your car is a gamble!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Carparks around here can be more dangerous than the roads!

Looking forward to but also in quiet fear of the delivery of our new car due very soon. Bound to be a victim of those  careless/jealous folk but I shall try and park well clear of others.  :worried:

Dave G

daffy

Quote from: Bealman on September 30, 2017, 09:19:38 AM
Nothing much is different here. For some reason, most of the general public do not understand that road rules apply to shopping centre carparks.

And the speed!

No indicators, swing in quick, etc. Walking to your car is a gamble!

And that's just the shopping trolley drivers! :o

:D

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bealman

Bealman

Quote from: daveg on September 30, 2017, 09:31:14 AM

Looking forward to but also in quiet fear of the delivery of our new car due very soon. Bound to be a victim of those  careless/jealous folk but I shall try and park well clear of others.  :worried:

Dave G

A roller, then, Dave?  :D

daveg

Quote from: Bealman on September 30, 2017, 09:35:14 AM
Quote from: daveg on September 30, 2017, 09:31:14 AM

Dave G

A roller, then, Dave?  :D

Well, it will have the same number of wheels, George but that's as close as it gets!  ::)

Dave G

woodbury22uk

A cloak of invisibility descended on our local supermarket several years back and it has never been lifted. Invisible drivers in cars are in the pick-up/set-down bays; the parent and child spaces are occupied by cars containing invisible children; the disabled parking bays have occupants who probably don't meet the specification, and do not display a disabled permit. Some cars seem to have invisible extensions on each side which mean the driver has to park in the middle of two parking bays. Back in the old days when cars displayed tax discs a good third of the ones afflicted by the invisibility cloak used to display well out of date discs. Maybe the DVLA computer can help find out if that is still the case.

People push, manoeuvre and park their shopping trolleys with the same skill that they drive their cars. One shopper whacked my cars bumper with her trolley. Luckily the plastic sprung back without a mark. She was a bit surprised to see me sitting in the car when she did it, and hastily apologised! 
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

daffy

To be honest I have quite given up on worrying about scratches on my car. Within a few months of buying a new car it seems to acquire a multifarious collection of marks and scratches that appear, as it were, from out of the aether. Most I don't doubt are from careless pedestrians, armed with shopping trolleys, baby -buggies, armour-plated bags, and even jewellery. Just a few come from those oiks who delight in inflicting deliberate damage, while, where I live at least, narrow country lanes with overgrown hedges present their own army of lascerators, particularly when that other pet-hate of mine comes the other way - the driver who expects you to divert into said hedge so they can pass at high speed without spoiling their nice clean wheels on the verge.

No, nowadays I just clean the car, smile ruefully at yet another blemish to the paintwork, slap on a wodge of polish, and swear at the Moon once more. All else is folly - and expensive - as any greater attempts to return the car to 'showroom condition' are doomed to failure as the next hedge, trolley or sauntering fool is even now looking for a car just like mine - and yours!
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

GrahamB

The best sticker I ever saw was on my friends Landrover 90. It was old, tired and dented. The sticker read;

"This vehicle has been in ten crashes. Not lost one yet".

No-one ever parked anywhere near it.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

daveg

Living in a similar type of area as Daffy I have also encountered said road/lane hogs.

With regard to hazardous shoppers and carparks, I recall seeing a lady who got out of her car, withdrew a child seat complete with infant and promptly deposited same on the roof of the car next to her while she organised the buggy.

'Careful!' says I, all polite and smiling: 'It's only a car.' was the reply.

Gobsmacked.

Dave G

daffy

Quote from: daveg on September 30, 2017, 01:13:05 PM
Living in a similar type of area as Daffy I have also encountered said road/lane hogs.

With regard to hazardous shoppers and carparks, I recall seeing a lady who got out of her car, withdrew a child seat complete with infant and promptly deposited same on the roof of the car next to her while she organised the buggy.

'Careful!' says I, all polite and smiling: 'It's only a car.' was the reply.

Gobsmacked.

Dave G

Judging by the number of images of baby seats on top of cars that appear on Google it seems that is evidently what the large flat area - a.k.a. Roof - is especially made for. :goggleeyes:

I do hope baby never gets left there when the car drives off! :o But I suppose that scenario is inevitable, someday, somewhere. :(
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

I still can't get my head round why people reverse into spaces in the centre of shopping car parks as that means to get to the boot you have to go down the side of a vehicle. When you do that with a trolley guess what happens? ::)
Is it really easier to do that than to drive in and reverse out? :confused1:

daffy

Reversing out without looking is a favourite pastime at my local Tesco car park.

The idea of the game seems to be to get as close as possible to a pedestrian, baby in a pushchair, a shopping trolley (manned or orphan), or another vehicle. I believe points are awarded for the closest 'miss' of the day by members of the Tesco branch of the Trolley Gatherers Association, who are usually best placed to judge these events.

Extra points are earned for fast acceleration away from the scene as this can create more chances to 'miss' one of the aforementioned items.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

dannyboy

Quote from: daveg on September 30, 2017, 01:13:05 PM

And most of the road/lane hogs are driving big SUV things! Recently the local council put in a few 'passing places' on a couple of lanes near where I live and the number of times the driver coming the other way does not slow down so I can pull into one  :veryangry:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations