Etched Pixels 'Ultima' 4-Plank Round-Ended Wagon Kit

Started by CarriageShed, December 03, 2017, 09:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarriageShed

I love making kits, but sometimes the instructions for N Gauge kits can be a little frustrating, and sometimes there are no instructions at all.

I thought this Ultima 4-plank, round-ended wagon kit would be easy to put together but the end pieces are puzzling me.

Not shown here are the outer etches put in place. They match the longer sides in length and have a single tab which I assume needs to be folded around the corner. My guess is that the end pieces sit on this (but then it's not going to be very secure).

There are pieces in the first picture which look a bit like the planks on a bench. Do they cover up the gap on top (they're riveted, so they're clearly for visible detailing somewhere)? But then there are eight of them where only four would be needed for this. What are the other four for?

It's all a bit of a head-scratcher. Has anyone else done one of these? Could you let me know how you did it?

The Q

Etched Pixels have replied on this forum to other questions, may I suggest contacting them with a PM.

CarriageShed

I'm hesitant about bugging Etched directly while the shop's closed and he's making sure his new 'old' house stands up without scaffolding.

CarriageShed

Now that you're back in operational mode @EtchedPixels perhaps I could ask for your help. I haven't got around to touching this kit in the meantime so nothing has changed.

Shiney Sheff

Quote from: CarriageShed on March 07, 2018, 10:50:46 AM
Now that you're back in operational mode @EtchedPixels perhaps I could ask for your help. I haven't got around to touching this kit in the meantime so nothing has changed.

I think he must be still trying to locate a lot of his stuff, as I messaged him on the 1st of Feb about an under frame for the Wickham railbus, I am still awaiting a reply, I have no doubt things will hopefully return to normal soon.

Bob

EtchedPixels

The outer ends and sides go directly onto the basic bodyshell. The wagons were quite unusual in that the ends are inset from the sides.

You should also have had instructions... email address and I'll send you a copy
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

CarriageShed

PM sent, thanks.

I was trying to compare the bodyshell to various photos of the wagon (or at least very similar diagrams). I couldn't see the ends being inset in them which is why I never would have thought of that.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations