Who stole the search box?

Started by railsquid, March 05, 2016, 03:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

It's gone, as was the handy set of links to various classes of message (unread posts, unread posts since last visit, own posts etc.) which was in the main menu area.

Oldman

Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Malc

Top right hand side of the screen, just underneath the red line under the logo, is a white arrow on a white background. Try giving it a click.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

austinbob

Quote from: Malc on March 05, 2016, 03:44:45 PM
Top right hand side of the screen, just underneath the red line under the logo, is a white arrow on a white background. Try giving it a click.
I never noticed that little white arrow before - glad you mentioned it.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

railsquid

Aha... I guess I hit it accidentally at some point in the last few hours. Non-obvious floating white arrow on a light background is non-obvious...

:thankyousign:

Bealman

Yes, that's happened a few times to me. The mods have discussed the visibility of that arrow in the past - we'll probably take another look at.

Thanks for sorting it for Squiddy,  Malc!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Zogbert Splod

Yeah, had that happen too. It's there a proper purpose to it?
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

scotsoft

The purpose of the small white arrow is purely to give the user the choice of showing or hiding details.

Cheers John.

railsquid

Well it's obvious - if you know about it ;) I've only been using the site for 18 months and had no idea it was there.

I suspect I may have fat-fingered it while checking the site on my mobile.

scotsoft

It gets worse as depending on the size of your screen, the small white arrow can appear on the left hand side. This does not apply to the mobile version of the forum.

Cheers John.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations