Moving thread unlinks reminders

Started by Snowwolflair, February 13, 2017, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

I have been noticing that threads I have contributed to, that are then moderator moved lose their email reminder setting.

The effect is to not remind contributors and in a lot of cases killing or curtailing the thread.

Is there any way for the moderators moving a thread to ensure the email reminders remain linked?  :wave:

Sprintex

Not that I can see, the only option when moving a thread is a PM Notification, presumably to the starter of the thread telling them it's been moved.

By the way, I had to move this thread :D

Paul

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Only Me on February 13, 2017, 03:22:37 PM
sorry thats the software I cant change that as potentially its a new thread that gets created on move.

I guessed that might be the case, thanks

mickster04

Suggestion, could the mod post saying 'Moving thread'
then move the thread with the link, that way notification should get sent out to those wanting one, and they will see the link when they follow up on the notification?

Ian Bowden

Quote from: mickster04 on February 14, 2017, 09:58:25 PM
Suggestion, could the mod post saying 'Moving thread'
then move the thread with the link, that way notification should get sent out to those wanting one, and they will see the link when they follow up on the notification?
I see a lot of postings by sprintex saying post moved and giving the link

mickster04

right, so all's the user needs to do is remember to re-sign up for notification. Maybe the mods could add that to their message?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations