World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadsword

Argentina were rank rotten, a bunch of foulers, strange to see Maradona, he looked
like an old drag queen from the Benidorm program.

Newportnobby

Felt very sad for Costa Rica today who, I think, played out of their skins against Brazil.
Highly entertaining match........referee v Neymar, and the ref won :D
I'm sick and tired of some footie players who believe they are gods and he's one of 'em. Ronaldo is another but, sadly for me, he's hitting the headlines for all the right reasons.

weave

Quote from: port perran on June 22, 2018, 12:34:45 PM
I think the drawing of lots (straws) has been in place for many years.
Maybe they should do what we used to do at school many years ago. If a cup game was drawn, the team having won most corners won. Simple.

weave

Denmark v Australia,

Bacon Sandwich eating competition. No worries  :beers:

weave

Big chickened that up but you get the gist.

Newportnobby

Tragic (pronounced trajitch)
Serbia were incredible in the first half and Switzerland barely got a look in. Final result a secret just in case some haven't seen it yet.

port perran

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 22, 2018, 08:56:56 PM
Tragic (pronounced trajitch)
Serbia were incredible in the first half and Switzerland barely got a look in. Final result a secret just in case some haven't seen it yet.
I've just watched it and enjoyed it.
Great goal at the end but I'm not letting on.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

scottmitchell74

Great match, but Serbia got hosed on that one non-call. Should have been a PK with two fellas dragging him to the ground.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Caz

O, how I'd love to lock this topic, the :censored: World Cup has taken over me TV and now trying to take over the forum.   :veryangry:   :veryangry:   :veryangry:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

marco neri

Suisse has many top players than Serbia team .....they can solve the match in every moment...first Suisse goal was a "bomb" from long distance very difficult to see for goalkeeper....
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Newportnobby

Quote from: Caz on June 22, 2018, 09:17:22 PM
O, how I'd love to lock this topic, the :censored: World Cup has taken over me TV and now trying to take over the forum.   :veryangry:   :veryangry:   :veryangry:

I'd hardly call one thread 'trying to take over the forum' :no: It's the one time every 4 years when I do watch football. What are you doing in a thread called "World Cup 2018" if you don't like it anyway? :P (followed by sound of Phantom Raspberry Blower of Olde London Town)
At least you have a half decent team in the competition :envy:

Bealman

Some names and faces there that bring back memories!!

Thanks for posting!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Morning football lovers,

Am going to the pub to watch Belgium v Tunisia later and was just wondering what the best result would be for England?

A draw maybe ???

Lots of if they did that and we did this.

Maybe a Belgium win and get Tunisia out of the equation.

I dunno  :confused1:

Cheers weave  :beers:

Webbo

Unlike for Bealman the kick-off time for even the earliest of the day's games is past my bedtime (in Oz). I'm well and truly in the Land of Nod while all these great games are happening. So I record them and make believe I'm watching them in real time the following morning. Time is relative after all.

I like this thread but daren't open it till our afternoon so that the beans have not been spilled. After the Australia-Denmark game I decided I wasn't going to look at the sports pages in our local Canberra Times before I watched the game, but there the result was on the first page. Damn it!

Webbo

Bealman

At least you know how to record it. I don't know how to work our fancy TV!  :-[
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations