The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on February 01, 2017, 02:27:30 PM

I now live and DRIVE in ITALY !!!

Need I say more.

Jerry
Just that you're still alive!!! Must be those wrap around reinforced bumpers.   :laughabovepost:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: newportnobby on February 01, 2017, 02:35:20 PM

Having driven a Fiat Punto in Tuscany a few years ago I believe only headlights, horn and accelerator are necessities. :worried:

Since then there is a compulsory new rule:
Hold mobile phone in the right hand whilst gesticulating with the left, this applies on bends even if you are driving the local bus!!! 

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Malc

My worst experiences were being driven in Portugal. You can understand why it has the largest number of RTA in Europe.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

themadhippy

vietnam was an intresting place for driving,indicators? no i'll honk the horn,give way at junctions? nope ive beeped my horn so its my right of way,road junction too busy ?no problem ,horn honked and onto the pavement we go , just going to cut across the on coming traffic no problem horn honked,as for crossing the road as a pedestrian ,dont bother waiting for the traffic to stop just step out and keep going,dont stop and dont change direction, the traffic  will weave around you
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

themadhippy

Argo you are a lying bunch of [insert choice of  expletive here]. Placed an order yesterday for home delivery ,all items shown in stock ,chose a delivery time of between  19:00 -22:00 the same day.Waited for the goods to turn up, at 22:30 still no sign so checked the online tracking to find the items had been delivered,to were? no idea but not here.Still no sign this morning so rang there customer lying services department.seemingly the goods had been delivered at 19:21-19:24 but no signature taken,no problem we will redeliver the goods  immediately ,but  1 of the items is out of stock so that will be delayed. Strange  your site is showing  several in stock at my local store,available for immediate delivery,best you cancel the order and refund my money.surprise surprise thats going to take 5 working days,even though they can take your money in less than 5 seconds.On the plus side when i pushed them about my wasted time they offered a £10 gift card,and when i pointed out i wouldn't be using there company again agreed to add it onto the repayment.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Skyline2uk

Quote from: themadhippy on February 02, 2017, 10:48:58 AM
Argo you are a lying bunch of [insert choice of  expletive here]. Placed an order yesterday for home delivery ,all items shown in stock ,chose a delivery time of between  19:00 -22:00 the same day.Waited for the goods to turn up, at 22:30 still no sign so checked the online tracking to find the items had been delivered,to were? no idea but not here.Still no sign this morning so rang there customer lying services department.seemingly the goods had been delivered at 19:21-19:24 but no signature taken,no problem we will redeliver the goods  immediately ,but  1 of the items is out of stock so that will be delayed. Strange  your site is showing  several in stock at my local store,available for immediate delivery,best you cancel the order and refund my money.surprise surprise thats going to take 5 working days,even though they can take your money in less than 5 seconds.On the plus side when i pushed them about my wasted time they offered a £10 gift card,and when i pointed out i wouldn't be using there company again agreed to add it onto the repayment.

Oh that shop.

Had all sorts of fun with them last year trying to get a new Oven.

Took them to the retail Ombudsman only to find out they are not a member but said they would follow any ruling. And they did, right up to the point when it was found Argos were wrong. Then they stopped responding to the Ombudsman.

All the failings you describe above are grounds for complaint and you would win, but until they sign up (or are made to), very little that can be done.

I also now avoid them if at all possible.

Skyline2uk

Steamie+

Steamie+

Those members on Facebook who can't be bothered to post their photo's / Videos and questions on the main Forum really get me annoyed, i have posted a thread on the General Discussion page and even replied to the posts on Fb to ask them to post their photo's / videos and question s on the main Forum, but haven't even got a reply there. Flipping ignorant if you ask me, there are lots of Forum members who don't or don't won't to have a Facebook account and i can accept their wish's, so they don't get to see any thing that is posted on FB, but what i can't accept is their pathetic excuse about finding it harder to post photo's and videos on the main Forum, i have over the last few days copied their photo's to my own Photo Album on my macbook, then posted them on here, whats os flipping hard about that. And while i am on it, what's even harder then posting a question on here rather than Facebook, i don't get it at all.   

I don't think this forum is at unfriendly, compared to others i have joined in the past, but now don't have anything to with at all.      :NGaugersRule:

Ian Bowden

After 2 mornings (8am to 1pm) wasted waiting for a new smart meter to be installed I have had a call to make yet another appointment. The last engineer arrived at 12.45 and looked at the meter and said he didn't have the correct connectors. The person making the appointment told me it was really because he was running late that the last appointment was cancelled. Next time?

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Ian Bowden on February 16, 2017, 08:03:47 AM
After 2 mornings (8am to 1pm) wasted waiting for a new smart meter to be installed I have had a call to make yet another appointment. The last engineer arrived at 12.45 and looked at the meter and said he didn't have the correct connectors. The person making the appointment told me it was really because he was running late that the last appointment was cancelled. Next time?

:thumbsdown:

That really is not good enough. I assume these smart meters are free? Not that that excuses such behaviour at all, it's annoying because you can't even leverage the two (now three) wasted mornings against getting a free one.

Hope you get there in the end.

Skyline2uk

Steamie+

Quote from: Skyline2uk on February 16, 2017, 08:14:41 AM

That really is not good enough. I assume these smart meters are free? Not that that excuses such behaviour at all, it's annoying because you can't even leverage the two (now three) wasted mornings against getting a free one.

Skyline2uk

Agree with above.     :thumbsup:

Ian Bowden

Quote from: Skyline2uk on February 16, 2017, 08:14:41 AM

Skyline2uk
Actually it is 2 feet tall as it is a commercial one. This part should be in the happy thread, I was able to read a lot of threads on here while waiting

Jimbo

We've had a letter from our supplier saying we're installing smart meters in your area, call now to arrange installation....no thank you....NOT having one...ever! Fried brain cells? Hackers knowing when you're out? Apart from any other info 'big brother' will be able to gather about you! :censored: orf!!  :veryangry:

[mod]Kindly refrain from swearing whether badly disguised by non-alphabet characters or not. Unacceptable on a family-friendly forum![/mod]
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Jimbo

Quote from: Jimbo on February 16, 2017, 12:48:18 PM
We've had a letter from our supplier saying we're installing smart meters in your area, call now to arrange installation....no thank you....NOT having one...ever! Fried brain cells? Hackers knowing when you're out? Apart from any other info 'big brother' will be able to gather about you! :censored: orf!!  :veryangry:

Kindly refrain from swearing whether badly disguised by non-alphabet characters or not. Unacceptable on a family-friendly forum!

Please accept my apologies! Once again!  :-[  :worried:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations