My dog Blue

Started by dannyboy, September 18, 2018, 10:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Our dog, 'Blue' is a cross German Shepherd and is big - he can stand up and put his front paws on my shoulders. He also sounds like a big dog, having a very loud deep bark. Yet he has the most gentlest, softest personality possible. I took this photo' earlier today showing him pausing eating his tea, so 'Bella', our one eyed cat could have a taste! It is not the best photo' I have taken, but hopefully conveys what I am trying to say.

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

The Q

Generally the bigger the dog the softer they are, they don't have to prove who they are!!

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Safety Engineer

Our dog 'Barney' is a caramel coloured, nearly four year old Cavachon (1st cross, King Charles Cavalier x Bishon), we got him because they are hypo-allergenic and I had an allergic reaction to Parrots once. If you want to be unkind they are designer dogs bred for companionship and he certainly lives up to that. Used to take him to doggy classes so he could meet other dogs but he goes now so he can meet the owners. He probably is the best educated dog in Chippenham as we used to go to three different classes (now only go to two). His two best friends at class are two large Boxer dogs where he goes absolutely nuts. Taking him for a walk is a nightmare as if anyone has a garage door or car door open we have to stop and look what's going on. Certainly a people dog as in the morning he wants to come on the bed while we have a morning cuppa at night he has adopted the settee so we can stretch out and watch TV. Favourite programs seem to be 'The Super Vet', 'Secret Life of Puppies' and to my amazement the cartoon 'The lady and the Tramp'. Certainly would not want to be without him now.
Martin

Bealman

I must admit you are indeed a nation of dog lovers.

On trips there in the last 8 years, I have constantly been  amazed by dogs being everywhere.... sitting on chairs on in pubs, and so on.

Dogs are banned in public drinking places here in NSW, unless they are obviously helper dogs.

The Aussies use working dogs, and yes, people can have dogs... we had a crazy labrador for a decade, but there is certainly not the love of dogs that the English seem to have.

Just an observation, no offence.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob G

Quote from: Safety Engineer on September 19, 2018, 10:19:50 AM
I had an allergic reaction to Parrots once.

I'm sorry Martin but just reading this I cracked up. No offence intended. Just the phrase came at me out of the blue when I wasn't expecting it.
Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations