The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themadhippy

QuoteI just programmed in a Bradford postcode, so now I get all the Yorkshire programmes.
if you dont want yorkshire most of the bbc regions are available, starting at channel 950
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

lil chris

Thanks @dannyboy danny, I do have a ex sky dish on the front of the house, I forgot about that. Thats something to think about instead of paying a fortune to Virgin media for the tv package I have about £60 +  a month.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

daveg

We dumped Sky a few years back and got a Freesat box. That paid for itself inside a year what with the savings on the Sky subs. Just unplug the Sky box and add the new one. E easy!

You won't though get all the channels though and in fact there are some on Freeview that aren't on Freesat, which is a tad frustrating.

Dave G

guest311

sorted out a couple of wagons for another member on here, carefully packed them up to prevent damage, and took them to the post office in Hassocks.

"first class recorded delivery please"

the response ...

"can't accept that, it' too small to get both labels on it "  >:(

" no it's not, it's 13 x 7 x 4 cm, the address is printed at the top left of the largest face, ther is room for the postage label to the right of it, and room to put the recorded delivery label below the address, and wrap onto the side for the barcode to be on a flat surface"

"no, I can't do that, you need to get a bigger box or a jiffy bag"  :veryangry:

"I haven't got a bigger / heavier / more expensive to post box, or a jiffy / heavier / more expensive to post bag either, and I need to get this posted today"

"sorry, nothing I can do about it "  :censored:

I was tempted to phone a certain member and see if he could rain death and destruction on the jobsworth, but not sure off hand of the grid co-ordinates, so just fumed, left and drove home.

went on line, ROYAL MAIL - CONTACT US - COMPLAINTS and found a phone number, dialed, went through all the various options, and waited, and waited  >:(, and waited sone more  :veryangry:, just over 30 minutes before I got an answer   :censored:

however, very helpful lady, who explained everyone is complaining about the call waiting times, logged a complaint, no doubt one of many, and then confirmed that as far as Royal Mail is concerned there is no minimum size for a parcel / packet and suggested I contacted the Post Office, who are apparently separate.

did so, no contact numbers of course, fill in an online form  >:( but at least no 30 minutes of  :poop: music and messages about how sorry they are about the wait  :)

of course, they 'hope' to reply within 3 working days [ that would be 3 days for them, not those of us in the real world] but I don't hold out much hope with that.

so now I have to either find a larger box so the [lady dog] has got room to stick her labels on [ I have other suggestions as to what she could do with them  >:D] or buy a jiffy bag, and then go through it all again.

where is that bottle of scottish falling down water  :'(

acko22

Quote from: class37025 on November 09, 2018, 04:28:47 PM

I was tempted to phone a certain member and see if he could rain death and destruction on the jobsworth, but not sure off hand of the grid co-ordinates, so just fumed, left and drove home.

Tell me the address it will only take me 5 min to get the Lat and Long for it then we can go from there, although don't expect anything too soon the RAF don't work at weekends, or Monday, Tuesdays, half day Wednesdays, occasionally Thursdays and not after 10am Friday! Oh and the building cant be too small! there is a minimum target size!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Newportnobby

Quote from: acko22 on November 10, 2018, 01:22:38 AM

Tell me the address it will only take me 5 min to get the Lat and Long for it then we can go from there, although don't expect anything too soon the RAF don't work at weekends, or Monday, Tuesdays, half day Wednesdays, occasionally Thursdays and not after 10am Friday! Oh and the building cant be too small! there is a minimum target size!

:laughabovepost:
Incoming! :worried:

guest311

thank you very much for your kind offer, but I may just flag down one of the Apaches we get over, and ask them if they could help me out.

must have dreaming all those weekday and weekend evenings and nights spent out on the airfield with the 'brain on a chain', but nice to know nothing much has changed, though I'm sure it was 4pm on a friday  :hmmm: :smiley-laughing:

RailGooner

Beer-o'clock was 4.30pm for the night-shift on a Friday, having started at noon! :pint:

TrevL

The door bell rang unexpectedly this morning, was one of my neighbours letting me know he thinks some one has broken into my archery club hut,  He spotted it whilst taking his dogs for a walk.

Went down the club and this is what I found.

They obviously couldn't get in the front with its three padlocks and a yale, so just burrowed their way in.  Just shows you a determined toe rag  will get in whatever. Three metal detectors, a 12 x 12 "kitchen" tent, several bows, a two ring camping gas hob, two kettles, (they left the gas bottles), and a 3 x 2 industrial type four wheeled trolley taken, along with various bits and bobs.

Police were very good and were there in less than half an hour, although not able to take any evidence due the to weather contaminating the scene.

Probably some crackhead trying to subsidise his habit.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

guest311

Parcel finally posted,

same jobsworth, who didn't seem to appreciate my comment 

"that big enough now for your labels, or should I make a suggestion as to where you stick them?"

ie one on front, one on back  :angel:

still, fellow member should receive in the next few days, and I await the Post Office reply to my complaint with bated breath.

most annoying thing is that the box I used originally arrived ...

first class ....

recorded delivery ....

and with both labels on it, with no problem with the delivery.  :veryangry:

ADDITION

just had an e-mail from the Post Office customer care team

"Thank you for your email about your recent experience at the Hassocks Post Office branch.

I'm really sorry to hear that you felt you were given incorrect information on sending your item of mail. I understand this has resulted in you being inconvenienced this may have caused.

Here at Post Office Ltd we take pride in the reliable, accurate and efficient service we provide, and all our branches should be aware of how important it is for correct advice to be given to customers when accepting their mail.

In respect of your experience, I'm happy to be sending a book of stamps to the value of £6.96 to your address as a goodwill gesture.

We do rely on customer's feedback to help us improve the service we provide both locally and across our network. This is shared internally so we can identify ongoing issues and take action where appropriate.

I hope the action I've taken has resolved the issue for you, and I trust we've been able to restore your confidence in the Post Office once again."

so, all in all, now a happy bunny, as long as neither the parcel or stamps get lost in the mail  :worried:

acko22

Quote from: class37025 on November 12, 2018, 02:35:21 PM

In respect of your experience, I'm happy to be sending a book of stamps to the value of £6.96 to your address as a goodwill gesture.

Should have asked them if they could make sure it was in the appropriate envelope and labelling where it is required  :laughabovepost:
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Calnefoxile

Oi Gareth ( @acko22 ), don't let the cat out of the bag all they'll all want to join.

Anyway, that's a bit of a long working week  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Cheers

Neal. (ex.Fairy  ;) ;) )

Newportnobby

:hmmm: Coming round to the time for Christmas cards. What can I think of to moan to the Post Office about? ;)

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 15, 2018, 01:13:23 PM

:hmmm: Coming round to the time for Christmas cards. What can I think of to moan to the Post Office about? ;)

How about:

"To whom it may concern,

I am sick and tired of constantly receiving post that does not contain an N gauge Warship in BR Green

Signed

Nobby"

:D

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations