'Endeavouring' to be accurate?

Started by daffy, February 18, 2018, 08:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zogbert Splod

"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

MalcolmInN

Is ITV repeating this?  does it do a 'watch again' on t'internet anywhere ?

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Lindi on February 20, 2018, 12:50:40 AM
Quote from: MalcolmAL on February 20, 2018, 12:29:02 AM
Is ITV repeating this?  does it do a 'watch again' on t'internet anywhere ?

https://www.itv.com/hub/endeavour/2a1229
Thanks, good find !
But it wants my email and to setup a password !
Do I really really want to do all that, just to review the closing scene 'radio over' (aka atmosphere voiceover scene exit) to date it !

BBC iplayer has gone 'all precious' in that respect as well recently :(

but I appreciate your effort :)   :thumbsup:

praps I'll wait for an on-air repeat !

Bealman

I was a bit worried he was going to get some stuck in his throat.... that's what usually happens with me  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MalcolmInN

Arnt the wee bairns wonderful, you could see the very act of learning, soaking up the responses and trying out all the 'imitations' to see which gained approval.

Would I be giving too much away by admitting to train spotting in my yoof, and now, in my second? childhood making my own bacon sometimes, and bread as well (but not yet from our own wheat  :)  ) !   ;D

TrevL

Quote from: daffy on February 18, 2018, 08:54:23 PM

The question must be asked: who here at the Forum most closely resembles the character they have created? :D

Hopefully no-one, he was one of the killers!
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

rogerdB

Quote from: MalcolmAL on February 18, 2018, 10:53:23 PM
6 June 1968 Bobby Kennedy died, having been shot on 5 June, I would have to listen again to the exact wording of the broadcast, swmbo (GWR)  and I (too far north in Cumberland to know what they got up to in Oxford :) ) were debating closures and almost missed the 'radio over' in the closing scene. So it could even have been headlines from  7th ?
It says he has died after being shot yesterday so it was the 6th.

Caz

Didn't know about this series and just watched the Oxford train one and noticed a few errors including a head shot of a steam engine with both express running lamps and a centre headlight, engine looked a bit continental to me?

Spoiler alert.  In case you haven't seen it don't read this paragraph  ;)  Near the end when the "enthusiast" goes onto the tracks I'm sure the loco that ran him down had a bell clanging as it approached, didn't know UK diesels had bells.   :no:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bob G

Quote from: Lindi on February 20, 2018, 10:19:28 PM
Quote from: Caz on February 20, 2018, 09:21:24 PM
Spoiler alert.  In case you haven't seen it don't read this paragraph  ;)  Near the end when the "enthusiast" goes onto the tracks I'm sure the loco that ran him down had a bell clanging as it approached, didn't know UK diesels had bells.   :no:

I heard that too. The engine noise also sounded more like an American locomotive.

It was a class 33 and they had a bell on in Weymouth

I think it was supposed to be the level crossing warning bell?  However, the crossing was a farm crossing with manual barriers that looked like they were put there in response to the Nanny State.
Bob

exmouthcraig

I haven't seen this episode but sounds like something worth finding on ITV + 365 like we normally watch tele these days 😃

Bob G having not seen it I can't comment however WE do have 2 of our own farm crossings over the Leicester - Peterborough / Gatwick Airport line, we don't have gates other then our own field gates and 2 phones which link us direct to the still manned signal box 3 miles up the line. Even through Network Rails attempts to make crossings safer we will not move away from the system we use for the foreseeable future.

Just thought a worthy note that might interest someone  :hmmm:

Bealman

Interests me, for sure! There are many unfenced and unsignalled crossings here, but on the Nullabor Plain you can see for miles in either direction, and the trains aren't exactly frequent  :D

Newportnobby

I really do think when railways are featured in any TV fictional programme we just have to suspend any sense of reality. I'm quite sure they don't hire an 'expert' to tell them what ran in what area in what era, and, given the limited availability of items of preserved stock, there's probably a very small pool of what they can get their mitts on.
I dare say the world of TV and film is littered with 'errors' like TV aerials appearing in Poldark etc. I recall getting a right rollicking when I was in the 'Sealed Knot' re-enactment society because I turned up in my uniform wearing a wristwatch I'd forgotten to take off :doh:

Bealman

Classic first Tom Cruise Mission Impossible movie not having catenary into the Channel tunnel.....

RailGooner

Living as I do in Oxford, I have to put up with glaring inaccuracies in every episode of Endeavour. MBH get's sick of me variously pointing out that:

• There's no phone box there, never has been!
  • They can't drive down street 'A', turn left and, cut to them pulling out into street 'B' - those streets are 5 miles apart!
  • We've seen him enter building 'A', climb the stairs and go up on the roof with a vista of the whole city - but that vista can't be viewed from the roof of building 'A' especially since building 'A' is only two storeys!
So this episode was doubly amusing/confusing. :tv: Morse was much more accurate with the geography of Oxford.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations