!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Plasticard advice  (Read 1614 times)

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Plasticard advice
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 08:00:59 pm »
I have made lots of Metcalfe buildings and have tried different ways to colour the exposed white card, but always come back to the 'Brush Pens' I bought from 'The Works'.

N Gauge Forum Your Layout and Models Useful Gizmos and Tools Brush Pens

For building the kits, I much prefer 'Rocket Card Glue'. It dries clear very quickly, so you do have to be quite accurate when joining pieces.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 08:04:04 pm by dannyboy »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Online Nick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22901
    • Awards
Re: Plasticard advice
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 08:51:10 am »
I have made lots of Metcalfe buildings and have tried different ways to colour the exposed white card, but always come back to the 'Brush Pens' I bought from 'The Works'.

N Gauge Forum Your Layout and Models Useful Gizmos and Tools Brush Pens

For building the kits, I much prefer 'Rocket Card Glue'. It dries clear very quickly, so you do have to be quite accurate when joining pieces.
"Quick", "accurate" and "glue" never seem to fit in a sentence comfortably for me  :(, which is why I increasingly gravitate toward something I can reposition, even if I then have to then spend a couple of minutes waiting for the adhesive to grab. Builds patience and mindful acceptance...

Thanks for the heads upon the pens. I will look into those.
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
October Donations

Advertise Here