Sad News Regarding Member - 'trainsdownunder'

Started by guest2, May 30, 2015, 09:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

Very sad, always enjoyed reading his posts.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Zogbert Splod

As a new member here I didn't get to know him but from what I see in this thread he was obviously well respected.  Sad news.

Allan.....
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Bealman

Sad news indeed, and certainly a shock.

Colin's posts were always interesting and helpful, and his skills in the electronics field were formidable. When he developed a design for an arc welder simulator using a microcontroller and decided to make it available to members as a kit, I was honoured to be asked to be one of his testers.

While never having met in person, the kit led to a couple of phone conversations where we commented on each others accents and compared our experiences as ex-pats. When I mentioned some unique South Australian road signs, he kindly took photos of them for me on one of his trips to Adelaide.

A couple of recent pms between us have almost got me considering starting on a small American layout!

I will miss his friendly presence on the forum.

My condolences go to his wife and family.

RIP mate.

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

silly moo

So sorry to hear this, he will be missed on the forum, condolences to his friends and family.

daveg

A sad time.

I add my sincere condolences to the many listed here.

Dave G

port perran

That is indeed very sad news.
I can only add my codolansces to those of others
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Webbo

This is bad news. I had noticed that Colin's corner of the world had gone quiet over the last month such is his participation in this forum.

He has been and will be missed.

Webbo

Geoff

This is such sad news, Colin sent me lots of PM's what he was upto a while back and fore one I shall miss his input, I thought things had gone quiet and I am now in shock at his passing.

RIP Colin.

All the very best to his family.
Geoff

B P

A terrible shock.

May I add my condolences to his wife and family.

R.I.P.

Brian.

Crackerbill

I am so sorry to hear this sad news.

May I add my sincerest condolences to his wife and family

RIP Colin

Bill

guest311

May I add my sincerest condolences to his wife and family

alan

oscar

So, so, sad. My thoughts are with his family.

railsquid

Sorry to hear; I haven't been on this forum long but certainly one of the user names I've come to recognize well.

Jerry Howlett

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Rob H

I'd like to add my deepest condolences to Colin's family and friends.

Colin and I had been working on and off for about 2 years to try and make a cheap and reliable coach lighting system. This came about when he offered to purchase some bits from DCC Concepts in Australia and post them on to me, saving duty etc.

I have to say the majority of the ideas came from him with me constantly in awe of his electronic knowledge. Sadly the project was never completed and not sure whether I want to go on.

He was a Buddy and a very generous guy,

RIP mate,

Rob.

They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations