Graham Farish 372-535 Class 4MT Standard 2-6-4T 80027 Instructions

Started by TrevL, May 15, 2018, 07:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevL

I've searched high and low and cannot find the instuction sheet, I did have it but I've "tidied up" since then.
Would some kind soul please scan theirs for me please so I can fit the DCC chip.
If you PM me, I'll send you my email address.
Many thanks.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

koyli55002

PM Sent - I have a pdf copy of that service sheet in my files.

Bramshot

Service sheets are available online at Bachmann.co.uk, under knowledge base/graham Farish/instruction sheets.
Be careful regarding Pin number location as I have some instructions where they have it wrong! The. Best indication is to note the way round that the blanking plug is inserted, if that has the pins numbered. Anyway, if you get the decoder the wrong way round, it will not harm it and you try the other way.

TrevL

Thank you, unfortunately the Class 4MT standard 2-6-4T is not listed
Cheers, Trev.

Bramshot

Yes TrevL, I spotted that afterwards. I think others are missing as well. I can't imagine why they can't put up a complete set instead of doing half a job. Poor info from manufacturers is one of my favourite gripes, and I often resort to these sheets to see if a loco has bearing contacts, or wiping contact strips before purchasing, and so missing sheets, especially for current models, is a pain. I also like to know if a loco has tyres (essential on my gradients) and the only way to find out seems to be to look up which models they sell spares for, and sometimes even then the catalogue does not give the full range of applicable locos for a given tyre.  Ho hum!

Bob G

There are two small screws at the back and one at the front, underneath the trailing bogie and front pony truck respectively.
Unscrew these and the body can be eased off. The body is in two parts (like the Fairburn).
The front and cab roof is one part, the bunker sides and rear of cab the smaller part. You need to get the front and cab roof clear to remove the rear of cab.
Then you can get to the chip location easily.
Be careful of the small plastic "plumbing" underneath the 4MT (and the Fairburn). It is attached to the chassis and is easily broken off.

HTH
Bob
(who also doesn't have the instruction sheet).

TrevL

Thanks @Bob G, very helpful, all done now.

If I ever come across my instructions when I untidy again, I'll make a copy for you, and anyone else for that matter. just got to find them.
Cheers, Trev.

koyli55002

To be honest, I'm beginning to wonder if there even WAS an instruction sheet. I'm one of these individuals who never throws anything away, and I couldn't find the sheet in my drawer !  :doh:

ODRAILS

Quote from: TrevL on May 16, 2018, 11:27:11 AM
Thank you, unfortunately the Class 4MT standard 2-6-4T is not listed

Also missing from the Farish service sheet list is the BR Std. Class 5 5-6-0.
The titles of some of the service/instruction sheets (on the new website) seem to have been misspelled and obviously not proof read before publication. Not very professional and business-like...

TrevL

Well, after looking for the instructions several times over the last week, It has finally turned up.  It was in the box from my Class 08. 
Obviously had a senior moment. :confusedsign:

As promised, if you want a copy, drop me a PM with your email addy, and I'll send you a PDF of said instructions.
Cheers, Trev.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations