The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Quote from: Bikeracer on December 15, 2011, 07:45:57 AM
Might be worth looking here......
http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/up-to-10mb.html

Allan

Crikey just checked your Virgin link, you people back home are very lucky, we in Australia are still back in the dark ages, 10mb speed OMG I think I am doing OK if I get a download to reach 600kb, 120gig Broadband limit with local and interstate phone calls cost me $90au or 45 quid UK, now I am angry.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

poliss

I upgraded to 30mbps for less money than I was paying for 10mbps.

Bikeracer

Quote from: Lawrence on December 16, 2011, 09:02:27 PM
Amazon & Yodel

Ordered a food processor, apparently it was delivered Tuesday and left in my porch.

Phoned Amazon today- name blah order number blah blah, order tracking, ah yes says I, can you see what it says?  Amazon thing - yes, delivered Tuesday, left in you porch, Yodel are authorised to leave packages in a secure place (definitely a hint of smugness)

Says I - don't have a porch, only a front step, clearly visible from the road.

Amazon thing - ah! .......... we will interview the driver and get his side of the story

Says I - I still wont have a porch! never have had, probably never will have unless Amazon want to pay for one so that Yodel have somewhere to leave my Amazon deliveries so they are not on view to everyone passing my house!

Amazon thing - we will get back to you as soon as we get a reply from Yodel, is there anything else I can help you with?

I had now lost the will to live and just gently replaced the receiver back in its cradle, crawled into a corner and wept gently for 5 minutes before getting the dinner on for me and the missus

Later, I went back on to Amazon and ordered a cd, at least I know it will fit through my letterbox  ::)

Considering that the forum members here only consist of a very small proportion of the general public,and you are at least the third one that's had trouble with fictitious deliveries made, it'll be a wonder if Yodel stay in business for long with all the complaints.It's getting to the point that it might be worth phoning a supplier up first and asking who they are using as a courier before actually ordering.

I'll certainly be asking Amazon who they're sending stuff with next time I request special delivery, and Hattons will be only ordered using the post office.

That's just plain disgusting that Yodel are allowed to leave a package without a signature,even the GPO are going down that route when the postman can actually sign for a recorded delivery.

Really does make you wonder what you're actually paying for.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

scotsoft

Later, I went back on to Amazon and ordered a cd, at least I know it will fit through my letterbox  ::)

Will this be the letterbox in your porch?  :evil:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

I think I can top that, I had my passport posted through my letterbox after I had paid for "signed for recorded delivery".
When I rang them to ask who had signed for it and at what time?
The gentleman I spoke to told me that I had signed for it and he told me a time.
The guy got rather flustered when I told him the day and time he claims I signed for it, I was actually in the Freeman hospital, out cold on an operating table, having surgery on my heart and would he like the name and number of the vascular surgeon who did the operation to confirm that?

John

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: oldrailbug on December 16, 2011, 09:07:30 PM
Quote from: Bikeracer on December 15, 2011, 07:45:57 AM
Might be worth looking here......
http://shop.virginmedia.com/broadband/up-to-10mb.html

Allan

Crikey just checked your Virgin link, you people back home are very lucky, we in Australia are still back in the dark ages, 10mb speed OMG I think I am doing OK if I get a download to reach 600kb, 120gig Broadband limit with local and interstate phone calls cost me $90au or 45 quid UK, now I am angry.

Its the UK folks that are lucky. i had to pay E250 to have a sat system bolted to my house and it costs E20 a month for a link that dies every time we get a thunderstor.....m one happening now.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on December 16, 2011, 10:06:13 PM

Will this be the letterbox in your porch?  :evil:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

I think I can top that, I had my passport posted through my letterbox after I had paid for "signed for recorded delivery".
When I rang them to ask who had signed for it and at what time?
The gentleman I spoke to told me that I had signed for it and he told me a time.
The guy got rather flustered when I told him the day and time he claims I signed for it, I was actually in the Freeman hospital, out cold on an operating table, having surgery on my heart and would he like the name and number of the vascular surgeon who did the operation to confirm that?

John

I hope all is OK now, John :wave: You really need to sort out your doppelganger though ;D

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Bikeracer on December 16, 2011, 09:39:43 PM
Considering that the forum members here only consist of a very small proportion of the general public,and you are at least the third one that's had trouble with fictitious deliveries made, it'll be a wonder if Yodel stay in business for long with all the complaints.It's getting to the point that it might be worth phoning a supplier up first and asking who they are using as a courier before actually ordering.

So much of this depends on the area and the actual teams. Clearly they have a compliance and standard problems in some areas. However the Royal Snail has also now got rid of a lot of the fixed round arrangements it had so soon random posties and temps will be trying to deliver all over the place, and we can all guess how that will end up !

In fact I thought that was *why* they used to have fixed rounds !

That's just plain disgusting that Yodel are allowed to leave a package without a signature,even the GPO are going down that route when the postman can actually sign for a recorded delivery.

Really does make you wonder what you're actually paying for.

The Royal Mail chief executive and board members salaries. Just look them up... not exactly minimum wage !

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Claude Dreyfus

My turn for a little grumble.

Since October I have been working in London, which involves me commuting up to London Bridge station and participating in that throng that heads across the bridge into the City. It's morning, it's not that warm (at this time of year), and quite frankly we all want to be in our nice warm offices wrapped around a cup of coffee; yet there are those who do not share this goal.

I can forgive the freebee paper distributors; they have a job to do, and I can more or less restrain myself from punching the annoyingly jolly woman in the telly tubby outfit, because even I can accept she does sort of lighten the mood (even if I'm not sure what she is advertising), but two things really get me.

1 - TV camera crew. I know the tide of commuters across London Bridge is one of London's iconic sites, but there are rules here. Those travelling against the flow either walk by the road, or by the parapets; never in the middle. As this is universally understood by those who even spend a minute by the bridge, why oh why do film crews, either professional or student, insist on standing right in the middle of the flow? You've got eyes haven't you? Even worse when there is a mob of them with a presenter...I nearly walked into Gordon Ramsey little while ago pratting around in the middle of the walk-way; 'GET OUT OF THE WAY MAN!'.

The problem is they don't stay still, so the flow cannot evenly pass around them, they stay in vaguely the same place, but mill around... At least when I hear the words 'believe in Jesus! [pause] Jesus is here to save you!', I know the evangelist is out and can adjust my direction accordingly - he stands dead still in the same place.

2 - People who insist on using their blackberrys or texting whilst walking. You are not concentrating, or looking where you are going. You keep getting in everyone's way and the next one to barge into me runs the risk in having your infernal phone grabbed chucked off the bridge into the Thames.

Mustermark

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on December 17, 2011, 06:27:30 PM
People who insist on using their blackberrys or texting whilst walking. You are not concentrating, or looking where you are going.

That's not so bad Claude - here in the US the oblivious s*ds do that while driving!  >:(

But Gordon Ramsey is annoying enough, without pratting about in your way as you try to get to work.  Hope he's gone by the end of the day and doesn't make you miss your train.  I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss Kitchen Nightmares!  :smiley-laughing:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Mustermark on December 17, 2011, 06:41:59 PM
That's not so bad Claude - here in the US the oblivious s*ds do that while driving!  >:(

Some of ours still do although its now illegal and they come down hard on the idiots. It's not just motorists though - there's a lot of data starting to appear on pedestrian caused accidents from smartphone stupidity.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

4x2

Ipod Zombies are my biggest hate, closely followed by chicken chasers (50cc scooters) - both should be shot on sight !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

longbridge

Quote from: 4x2 on December 17, 2011, 06:51:05 PM
Ipod Zombies are my biggest hate, closely followed by chicken chasers (50cc scooters) - both should be shot on sight !

Crikey that would make the bloke next door to me happy he just bought a little Yamaha 50cc Put Put

As for the selfish folks  that shove the phone in their ear or text while driving they should have their license suspended and their cars crushed
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: oldrailbug on December 17, 2011, 07:52:09 PM
As for the selfish folks  that shove the phone in their ear or text while driving they should have their license suspended and their cars crushed

Do you plan to let them out of the car before the crushing  8)

longbridge

Quote from: EtchedPixels on December 17, 2011, 09:38:35 PM
Quote from: oldrailbug on December 17, 2011, 07:52:09 PM

Do you plan to let them out of the car before the crushing  8)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

bbdave

As i understood the law your not supposed to have a screen visible from the driving position or anything on the windscreen impeding the drivers view, so how come sat. navs. are legal stuck to the centre of the windscreen? with said navigational numpty typing in postcodes etc on the move!

These should be made illegal to use while on the move if you don't know where your going you don't deserve to get there!

Dave

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations