Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Z

Got my first properly weathered loco from TMC today;

Very impressed with the work.  I can feel my wallet creaking under the strain already as it knows I'm now going to be forced to send the rest of the fleet for weathering too!  Only thing I don't like is the very prominent coupling 'hole' (not a technical term) left over after having the parts pack fitted.  Looks like part of the bogie so I'm guessing it'll be a hatchet job to remove this block?

railsquid

Quote from: Herzel on April 10, 2017, 09:31:56 PM
Quote from: austinbob on April 10, 2017, 04:11:36 PM
But what are those strange coaches???
:beers:

Oh, right...sorry, yes, they're the Ban Etsu train (the 14xx must be standing in until I receive a C57!) I found that they don't like ballast stuck to rails so was using them to check out my clean up.
Steam excursion train from northern Japan, on the off-chance anyone's unfamilar with it ;)

austinbob

Quote from: railsquid on April 11, 2017, 12:29:42 AM
Quote from: Herzel on April 10, 2017, 09:31:56 PM
Quote from: austinbob on April 10, 2017, 04:11:36 PM
But what are those strange coaches???
:beers:

Oh, right...sorry, yes, they're the Ban Etsu train (the 14xx must be standing in until I receive a C57!) I found that they don't like ballast stuck to rails so was using them to check out my clean up.
Steam excursion train from northern Japan, on the off-chance anyone's unfamilar with it ;)
Thanks for that. Too embarrassed to show my ignorance and ask!!   :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

railsquid

Quote from: railsquid on April 09, 2017, 01:11:02 AM
This very fine looking Farish 47 set me back the equivalent of 25 quid or so due to being an unboxed "non-runner".

farish-47474-rowland-hill by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Well it runs, but with the expected clack-clack-clack of splitgearitus farishus so is awaiting arrival of round tuits so I can finally fix my growing fleet of duds.
In happy news Sir Roland has been reunited with his box - the shop I acquired this from had evidently decided that their growing collection of 2nd hand empty plastic boxes was no longer worth the shelf space it was occupying and were giving them away, two per customer. I nabbed two when I purchased the loco, and as I was passing today thought it would be rude not to pop in and help them further reduce the stock pile, anyway lo and behold among all the Tomix and Kato ones was a lone Farish box. Missing the card surround etc. but gift horses and oral inspections and all that.

daffy

Quote...but gift horses and oral inspections and all that.

I didn't know you were an equine orthodontist Squiddy? :goggleeyes:

Great to find good deals are still to be had for the taking. Any spare Fleischmann boxes going spare, or those superb Kato cases? It's free p&p from Japan this week isn't it? :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

marco neri

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Chris Morris

Following Dapol kicking their class 50 into touch I will build up stock for the late fifties rather than the seventies. Most of my stock is already good for the late fifties but I need more steamies. Made a start this morning.

She will fit in nicely but I think she will be limited to six coaches on my hills.

Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

SymonC

Photos of my recent Ally Pally purchases

(apologies some photos are not that good)

Kato 8 car Eurostar

Virgin Voyager

Dapol Schools

Dapol Set of 6 Maunsell Coaches

gc4946

Today I attended the York show and my result is a model of 47582 County of Norfolk (Farish, Poole-made) made up from parts from two different traders.

Mum was born in Norfolk so that'll accompany my Farish Jubilee 45572 Eire where my father was born

The paintwork is rather worn in places, which will be addressed in due course.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

johnlambert

New Graham Farish Castle, well worth the wait.

I even bought a new Hawksworth SK to go with it.

austinbob

That castle looks the bees knees. Can't wait to get mine next week.
:drool:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Quote from: austinbob on April 15, 2017, 07:34:52 PM
That castle looks the bees knees. Can't wait to get mine next week.
:drool:

Wot Bob said (but I'm dependent on Rails of Sheffield)

Skyline2uk

Without sounding greedy; that's flipping gorgeous and I must have one!

Far too much on order though....

Skyline2uk

Cazadoom

So went to the york show today

And waled away with this Bad Boy

Stunning model!!!

Steamie+

Quote from: cazadoom on April 15, 2017, 10:27:04 PM
So went to the york show today

And waled away with this Bad Boy

Stunning model!!!

Very Very nice.   :thumbsup: