Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Problems

Started by Bealman, January 11, 2017, 02:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Bowden

Routers allocate an address to a device the first time it is logged onto the router. Most routers then reuse that address every time it sees that device. The device also keeps the address in memory so if either one has been corrupted the router will not work with that device properly. Turning off and then back on (wait a minute or so) will start everything from new.

The router will have a new address allocated to it by your provider, that's why wait is advised so you don't get the same address which could also be part of the problem. In the UK the biggest provider is BT and their routers communicate with the exchange to improve the speed of the connection and they suggest in their documentation that the optimum speed will be after about 6 to 8 days. I suspect many others are the same.

Bealman

Hi everyone, I switched off the router last night and on again this morning...... bingo! It really was that simple.

A big thanks to Ian S and everyone else who chipped in with suggestions. You're great people!  :thumbsup: :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Ian_S

Great news Bealman!

Bet Mrs B is happy too :)

:claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

BTW - It needn't be switched off overnight - 5 mins is more than adequate :)

Bealman

The story continues..... (well sort of)......

As noted above, resetting the router solved the connection problem, but I have noticed a little quirk which is irksome, but I can live with it.

For some reason the main clock showing the correct time, but the little one at the top right and under the weather is an hour slow!

I have it set to get the time from the network, so I don't see where the discrepancy comes from.

Most puzzling.

Izzy

The only thing I can think is that the weather app gets the time on-line, but the Tab 3 one needs daylight saving turned on/off - you're 11 hours ahead of us at the moment so it should be on? Might have got changed trying to sort the previous issue without you knowing.

Izzy

Bealman

Hi Izzy and everyone else who have contributed to helping me out here - I've finally solved the problem of the one hour time discrepancy on the Tab3 clock. It was a simple matter of setting the time zone correctly.

Thanks for the help, everyone!   :beers:

George

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations